Winnie the Bomb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Winnie the Bomb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Winnie the Bomb

Postby sox 06 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:49 am

My question is, why was he buying a phone that looked like Winnie the Pooh :-? :-b

WRIGHT CITY, Mo. - Telephones typically ring, not tick, so a man who went to the post office to pick up a novelty phone he ordered over the Internet was alarmed that the package was ticking.

It turned out that the phone - shaped like Winnie the Pooh - had a feature the customer didn't know about: An incoming call causes Winnie's head to spin, and the feature apparently had been activated during shipping.

The ticking that prompted evacuation of the Wright City post office Thursday morning was Winnie's head repeatedly hitting the side of the package, said Cpl. Julie Scerine, a spokeswoman for the Missouri Highway Patrol.

Police and members of the bomb squad were called about 6:45 a.m. when the man retrieving the package noticed the unexpected sound. Wright City is about 45 miles west of St. Louis.

"It was pretty distinctly ticking," Police Chief Don Wickenhauser said. "And he didn't want to pick it up."

When authorities contacted the sender, he verified that it was nothing sinister.

Scerine said authorities were both amused and relieved when they opened the package.

"I guess the moral of the story is before you send electronics, take the batteries out," she said.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:51 am

that's pretty funny, what was it for his 8 year old or something? it had to be, i'm gonna assume that
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:06 am

Great title sox. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:12 am

treat24 wrote:that's pretty funny, what was it for his 8 year old or something? it had to be, i'm gonna assume that

Surely. :-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:58 pm

:-b :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Return to General Talk