Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:54 pm

what up guys :-B :-b

thought id go ahead and make us a place we can chat about graphics in general, ask questions and talk about whatever is going on since we really dont have a place to do it in here without hi-jacking threads. :-D

have at it ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:07 pm

Thanks man, this should be a great addition. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:10 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Thanks man, this should be a great addition. ;-D

hopefully it will get used ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:49 pm

I wish this had been here when I asked al those questions earlier...I wouldn't have to go and search for them again..I will do my question asking here from now on.That way When I want to referance someones advice later I can just go and look.Thank you Delux!
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:03 am

I will post this link again. I use it nearly exclusively now for stock photos. ;-D

http://www.krazydad.com/colrpickr/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:06 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:I will post this link again. I use it nearly exclusively now for stock photos. ;-D

OK so I am trying to learn....stock photos are what you usually use behind the main image, kinda on top of the background...right?
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am

BGbootha wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I will post this link again. I use it nearly exclusively now for stock photos. ;-D

OK so I am trying to learn....stock photos are what you usually use behind the main image, kinda on top of the background...right?

Yeah, or as the background....

There are actually pretty much endless choices for it.

After the sig contest, I will really try to get a tutorial up on it cause the sig I made used nearly no brushes, but nearly all stock photos and adjustment layers. That should help some people out. ;-D

Anyway, practice with finding a photo close to the color of the render/sig that you are doing and then set it to linear dodge, screen, etc. Just play around with it. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:15 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

After the sig contest, I will really try to get a tutorial up on it cause the sig I made used nearly no brushes, but nearly all stock photos and adjustment layers. That should help some people out. ;-D

Anyway, practice with finding a photo close to the color of the render/sig that you are doing and then set it to linear dodge, screen, etc. Just play around with it. ;-D

yeah ... alot of the time ill put a random stock photo over my background and take the color out completely, then just make it the color that matches my sig and set it to overlay. as ive said before...im a big fan of flower pictures !+)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

yeah ... alot of the time ill put a random stock photo over my background and take the color out completely, then just make it the color that matches my sig and set it to overlay. as ive said before...im a big fan of flower pictures !+)

Yeah, flowes and anything really high contrast usually work good. Pictures of lights too.

I tend to make a sig and not really worry about the coloring a TON and then tone it to where I want it with about 4-5 adjustment layers. Adjustment layers are what make or break a sig if you can use them right IMO. ;-D

Like I said, if anybody else is lost,, I will try really hard to get that tut made. It will explain all of this stull. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:31 am

Is there any way to enlarge the thumbnails?
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off