Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:48 am

South Park Cows wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I will post this link again. I use it nearly exclusively now for stock photos. ;-D

http://www.krazydad.com/colrpickr/

Is there any way to enlarge the thumbnails?

If you click on the thumbnail, then it opens a flickr page in a new window. Other than that, no.

On the flickr page, a lot of them will have a button right above the the picture that says all sizes where you can download the original resolution.

If they don't have that button, the only way to get them is to take a screenshot of the picture and paste it into photoshop. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:53 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I will post this link again. I use it nearly exclusively now for stock photos. ;-D

If you click on the thumbnail, then it opens a flickr page in a new window. Other than that, no.

On the flickr page, a lot of them will have a button right above the the picture that says all sizes where you can download the original resolution.

If they don't have that button, the only way to get them is to take a screenshot of the picture and paste it into photoshop. :-/

Yeah, I know about flickr... you can usually find a lot of nice pics of music artists and such. But nothing happens when I click on the thumbnails. Oh well.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:54 am

STOCK PHOTO RESOURCES:

Alright, these are the places that I get stock photos from.

Caedes
Flickr Color Pickr
Flickr
StockXchange

Caedes has some FANTASTIC stuff there. Some of it is computer generated and some are near the type of C4D's

The color picker helps you find one of the color you want

Flickr is mostly people's photos of people and stuff, so that is hit and miss.

Stock ExChange is your classic stock photo website. Lots of wading to find what you want.

I generally stick to flickr color picker and caedes. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:54 am

South Park Cows wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:

Yeah, I know about flickr... you can usually find a lot of nice pics of music artists and such. But nothing happens when I click on the thumbnails. Oh well.

you may have to turn off your pop-up blocker. :-?

It opens them in a new window/tab.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:57 am

Tried that, nothing. I still have a few thousand stocks saved so it's not like I'm left out in the dark. :-b
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:02 am

South Park Cows wrote:Tried that, nothing. I still have a few thousand stocks saved so it's not like I'm left out in the dark. :-b

LOL, yeah, I am in a bad habit of not saving stocks, but just pasting them into my sig. !+)

Need to stop that. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 pm

great thread idea ;-D Anyone have any good sites for high quality player pictures? I always have trouble finding good player pics. A list of sites with cuts would be awesome too.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:47 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:great thread idea ;-D Anyone have any good sites for high quality player pictures? I always have trouble finding good player pics. A list of sites with cuts would be awesome too.

http://www.psdcentral.net

I know its another forum site, but on their main page, there is a link for PSD's on the right hand side with a buttload of cuts. If you go into their forums, there is a forum called picture dump that has a ton as well. ;-D

Pretty much all the photos you will ever need IMO.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:09 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:great thread idea ;-D Anyone have any good sites for high quality player pictures? I always have trouble finding good player pics. A list of sites with cuts would be awesome too.

I know its another forum site, but on their main page, there is a link for PSD's on the right hand side with a buttload of cuts. If you go into their forums, there is a forum called picture dump that has a ton as well. ;-D

yeah ive used this one quite a bit in the past...never checked out the picture dump area....ill give it a look ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:14 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:

I was gonna do a Jeff Saturday sig for my entry but I couldnt find any pics I liked....It didn't occur to me that I might be able to get Pics that are already cut out....And I have been doing it the hard way all this time. Maybe they will have one here I like and I'll change mine before I finish.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off