Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Re: Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Start up a freebie thread and see if you can get somebody to bite. Or before making your next sig, go find a "client" so to speak. PM somebody who you see could use a sig or a new sig maybe and ask them if they'd be interested in one. Most of the time if you find somebody who has been here for a decent amount of time without a sig, they will say yes.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Start up a freebie thread and see if you can get somebody to bite. Or before making your next sig, go find a "client" so to speak. PM somebody who you see could use a sig or a new sig maybe and ask them if they'd be interested in one. Most of the time if you find somebody who has been here for a decent amount of time without a sig, they will say yes.

Those are pretty good ideas. I actually thought about making a thread, but then decided against it just in case a group of new members come in requesting and I have to make ten different sigs. I don't think I could put that amount of time into it. :-b

PMing people is a good idea. I also might put something in my sig about PMing me if a sig is needed. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 pm

eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Start up a freebie thread and see if you can get somebody to bite. Or before making your next sig, go find a "client" so to speak. PM somebody who you see could use a sig or a new sig maybe and ask them if they'd be interested in one. Most of the time if you find somebody who has been here for a decent amount of time without a sig, they will say yes.

Those are pretty good ideas. I actually thought about making a thread, but then decided against it just in case a group of new members come in requesting and I have to make ten different sigs. I don't think I could put that amount of time into it. :-b

PMing people is a good idea. I also might put something in my sig about PMing me if a sig is needed. ;-D

I made a freebie thread and then didn't update it at all really. It basically fell off the front page and was done with. So even if you have a few, the thread could start wiht the original intent of just giving away two sigs and then if you ended up with more, you could just add them in. If not, the thread will fall off the front page and be over with. ;-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:57 pm

http://www.noupe.com/fonts/40-extremely ... ntart.html

AWESOME free fonts. Best collection I think I have ever seen. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eagles21 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:http://www.noupe.com/fonts/40-extremely-beautiful-fonts-hand-picked-from-deviantart.html

Some of those are really nice. Definitely gonna download these. Thanks joel. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 am

eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:http://www.noupe.com/fonts/40-extremely-beautiful-fonts-hand-picked-from-deviantart.html

Some of those are really nice. Definitely gonna download these. Thanks joel. ;-D

Fo shizzle! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but PSD Central is back after being shut down for quite a while. Great tutorials and PSD's to follow.

Also, 02 designz is another great website (probably better since it has been up for a good amount of time). I think SJNez is a mod over there too.

You guys should check them out if you haven't yet. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:20 pm

eagles21 wrote:Not sure if you guys have seen this, but PSD Central is back after being shut down for quite a while. Great tutorials and PSD's to follow.

Also, 02 designz is another great website (probably better since it has been up for a good amount of time). I think SJNez is a mod over there too.

You guys should check them out if you haven't yet. ;-D

that psdcentral place is awesome for tuts!!! anyone know of any other sites with tutorials just like that??? ik gimptalk and gimp-tutorials stuff like thta have tutorials, but not sig tutorials
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm

So I'm thinking about getting back into sig making, not sure if I have the time, but I used to have a lot of fun with it. Question is: what's the best/cheapest way to get ahold of a nice ver. of photoshop, when I was into it I think the best version was CS2 or perhaps that's wrong but anyhow...any ideas?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:So I'm thinking about getting back into sig making, not sure if I have the time, but I used to have a lot of fun with it. Question is: what's the best/cheapest way to get ahold of a nice ver. of photoshop, when I was into it I think the best version was CS2 or perhaps that's wrong but anyhow...any ideas?

CS3 has been around for a while and they just had a CS4 release convention (which hasn't hit retail yet and I am not sure when it will). But the best way to get back into it as far as I know is to get either Elements (which is a VERY good dumbed down version of Photoshop), or to get the academic version of Photoshop. It's the exact same thing at a reduced price. You have to be enrolled in a college though. That's how I got mine. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off