Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Re: Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Postby Guru13 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:39 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:So I'm thinking about getting back into sig making, not sure if I have the time, but I used to have a lot of fun with it. Question is: what's the best/cheapest way to get ahold of a nice ver. of photoshop, when I was into it I think the best version was CS2 or perhaps that's wrong but anyhow...any ideas?

CS3 has been around for a while and they just had a CS4 release convention (which hasn't hit retail yet and I am not sure when it will). But the best way to get back into it as far as I know is to get either Elements (which is a VERY good dumbed down version of Photoshop), or to get the academic version of Photoshop. It's the exact same thing at a reduced price. You have to be enrolled in a college though. That's how I got mine. ;-D

I suppose I could download it off limewire, but that worries me a bit, Music doesn't scare me at all, I do it all the time but photoshop...
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby abrage22 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:52 pm

i've been looking through alot of tuts, and alot say RIP, i know this is prabably the dumbest question ever but what does that exactly stand for :-D , in graphic terms
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 pm

It means not to use the sig used in the tutorial without permission and don't repost the tutorial other places (or at least give credit if you do) ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:48 am

ok guys.... some of you may have noticed that ive been promoted in the graphics dept...and the first thing im going to do is starting to make sure we get all of our yearly official contests up and running. its high time i handed my title to another member and we awarded some contest icons. i wont just be doing this here, but in all of the cafes. ;-D

there is not enough time to get the thankgiving one up and running in time, but you can count on there being a christmas one up in the beginning of next month...so get your ideas brewing, and check over the official rules if you havent already. :-)

unfortunatley since i will be in charge of these from here on out...i will be retiring from the official contests, but you can bet ill still be involved in our "unofficial" sig battles when they come around.

im also brainstorming on some ways to make our graphics world easier, and funner for us. if anyone has any ideas, feel free to shoot them my way. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:22 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:ok guys.... some of you may have noticed that ive been promoted in the graphics dept...and the first thing im going to do is starting to make sure we get all of our yearly official contests up and running. its high time i handed my title to another member and we awarded some contest icons. i wont just be doing this here, but in all of the cafes. ;-D

there is not enough time to get the thankgiving one up and running in time, but you can count on there being a christmas one up in the beginning of next month...so get your ideas brewing, and check over the official rules if you havent already. :-)

unfortunatley since i will be in charge of these from here on out...i will be retiring from the official contests, but you can bet ill still be involved in our "unofficial" sig battles when they come around.

im also brainstorming on some ways to make our graphics world easier, and funner for us. if anyone has any ideas, feel free to shoot them my way. ;-D

Sweet! I haven't made a sig in forever. I guess I gotta brush up and get the old Photoshop going again. :-b ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:08 am

well guys....life really took me by the horns for awhile and honestly sigs and graphics have been far from mind. i really have missed it though. ive made it one of my pririties to get myself back in here and involved. i see no one has been posting in here for awhile...do we have any graphic artists kicking around here still? im going to take on as many requests as possible in the requests section and try to get this ball rolling again. :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:well guys....life really took me by the horns for awhile and honestly sigs and graphics have been far from mind. i really have missed it though. ive made it one of my pririties to get myself back in here and involved. i see no one has been posting in here for awhile...do we have any graphic artists kicking around here still? im going to take on as many requests as possible in the requests section and try to get this ball rolling again. :-B

Holy crap, he's alive! I thought I saw your sig pop up in a Ray Rice post somewhere, but I was flying through unread replies and figured it was a slepp-deprived mirage that caused me to think that :-b

Welcome back deluxe! ;-D ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:38 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:well guys....life really took me by the horns for awhile and honestly sigs and graphics have been far from mind. i really have missed it though. ive made it one of my pririties to get myself back in here and involved. i see no one has been posting in here for awhile...do we have any graphic artists kicking around here still? im going to take on as many requests as possible in the requests section and try to get this ball rolling again. :-B

Holy crap, he's alive! I thought I saw your sig pop up in a Ray Rice post somewhere, but I was flying through unread replies and figured it was a slepp-deprived mirage that caused me to think that :-b

Welcome back deluxe! ;-D ;-D

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Good to hear Deluxe ;-D Don't forget to claim your yards in the Holics Race forum ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 pm

ha ha thanks guys ;-D good to see some familiar faces :-D. ill check out this whole "yards" thing...im so out of the loop i dont even know what it is. :-b :-b. gotta bang out a couple of requests first. its been while...this should be interesting :-b

and dream and flots...thats pretty dang cool that you guys are still using that sigs i made so long ago. i didnt expect to see any of my old sigs kickin around anymore :-D ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off