Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:20 pm

boehlerking01 wrote:

I was gonna do a Jeff Saturday sig for my entry but I couldnt find any pics I liked....It didn't occur to me that I might be able to get Pics that are already cut out....And I have been doing it the hard way all this time. Maybe they will have one here I like and I'll change mine before I finish.

i usually still find my own to cut. PSD pics are cool and all, but the pics you find are generally overused in sigs and stuff because most people get lazy and dont want to cut them out...so everyone ends up with the same renders in their stuff :-b :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:22 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
boehlerking01 wrote:

I was gonna do a Jeff Saturday sig for my entry but I couldnt find any pics I liked....It didn't occur to me that I might be able to get Pics that are already cut out....And I have been doing it the hard way all this time. Maybe they will have one here I like and I'll change mine before I finish.

i usually still find my own to cut. PSD pics are cool and all, but the pics you find are generally overused in sigs and stuff because most people get lazy and dont want to cut them out...so everyone ends up with the same renders in their stuff :-b :-D

Exactly. Cutting your own are the best for this reason. ;-D

If I am doing a wall, I usually try to get somebody else's cut though cause it is easier to get a really clean cut and all. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:26 pm

Well Like I said I was gonna do my own anyway but I couldnt find a good pic of him so I dropped the idea.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby Leber » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:27 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:..because most people get lazy and dont want to cut them out...

Yep, that's me. :-b :-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:30 pm

I can't believe I didn't see this sooner, great idea Deluxe!

So, what do you guys usually cut out renders with? I usually use the pen tool, or if it's an easy cut, I'll use the polygonal lasso tool.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:33 pm

eagles21 wrote:I can't believe I didn't see this sooner, great idea Deluxe!

So, what do you guys usually cut out renders with? I usually use the pen tool, or if it's an easy cut, I'll use the polygonal lasso tool.

i use pen tool for cutting for the most part, but if i have something with really defined edges like text or logos, i use the lasso.

glad everyone likes this thread idea...its nice to have a place to chat with all you graphics dudes ;-D :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 pm

If you want the best cut possible, probably the lasso tool with about 500 clicks for half a player. 8-o

If you want a cut for a sig, the pen tool. Fast and really smooth. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:41 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:

If you want the best cut possible, probably the lasso tool with about 500 clicks for half a player. 8-o

hmmm ive never used the lasso in that way....multiple clicking. when i have used it, it defines an entire area not just a section. ill have to play with the settings and see if i can figure out the way you mention.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:47 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

hmmm ive never used the lasso in that way....multiple clicking. when i have used it, it defines an entire area not just a section. ill have to play with the settings and see if i can figure out the way you mention.

I haven't used it that way much, but basically, you just zoom in to like 500% and click thousands of times. :-t

I have heard that you can make REALLY good cuts if you get the hang of it, but I haven't ever gotten that good. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eagles21 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:50 pm

One other question.

Even though I'm pretty good at making sigs, the one thing that definitely is my weakness is fonts. The fonts I pic always never seem to go with the sig I make, or could at least be improved.

Any tips to picking the right font?
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off