Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:54 pm

PSDC is alright. It's changed layouts and owners so many times that I can barely remember when it first opened under Yugo a year or 2 ago.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:26 pm

South Park Cows wrote:PSDC is alright. It's changed layouts and owners so many times that I can barely remember when it first opened under Yugo a year or 2 ago.

LOL, yeah, the organization there seems to be AWFUL. I am in there for the resources and connections, not necessarily the forums. Actually very little for the forums.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Ok guys I have a graphics question....I want to put a rounded rectangle box inside my sig...and I want to put another one inside that one...then I want to fill the space in between the two with color...When I go to the paint bucket tool it fills the whole background....instead of just in between the two...how do I make it do what I want?
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm

boehlerking01 wrote:Ok guys I have a graphics question....I want to put a rounded rectangle box inside my sig...and I want to put another one inside that one...then I want to fill the space in between the two with color...When I go to the paint bucket tool it fills the whole background....instead of just in between the two...how do I make it do what I want?

Fill the larger one with the color that you want in it and fill the smaller box with any other color (doesn't matter). Then Control-Click on the layer with the smaller box so it selects it, click on the layer with the larger box, the push delete. ;-D

Hope that made sense?

Do you you know how to use layer masks? If so, just put a layer mask on the layer with the larger box and put the smaller box (filled with black) on the layer mask. ;-D

Let me know if that doesn't make sense. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:35 pm

Ok I have never used a layer mask and I am ASSUMING(yeah I know that isn't a good idea but...) that a layer mask is a way to make it so what I'm doing to one part of the sig don't apply to that part.....I have so much to learn about photoshop its just sick.

When I try to color fill with the bucket it fills the whole sig reguardless of where on the sig im trying to fill.So when I try to fill the larger part with a color it fills the whole thing and then when I try to fill just the smaller part it fills the whole thing again.

I see that you have yahoo messenger...I have msn messenger and I think if you add me and I add you we could talk that way...My email adderss is mailto:boehlerking01@hotmail.com if you want to try.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby boehlerking01 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:50 pm

How do I cut part of a sig off and "flip" it around like some of the borders I've seen here....I have a banner I'm changing for someone and I want to cut the top border off and flip it around and put it on bottom...that way when I have another copy of the layer they will match but be on different sides....Also how do I make the background that has what looks like to me dotted lines going through it.They look very straight to me and when I try to do that by hand it looks REALLY bad....Acutally some look like both single lines and whole sections...the sections almost look like they could be a pattern but I don't know how to use patterns so if thats it can someone please clue me in?

This sig from the contest has some of what I'm talking about in it...

boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 pm

Here is a cut I recently did that got accepted into the cut gallery at Psdcentral.net ;-D

Just thought I would mention it. It's the best cut I have ever done I think. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:56 pm

boehlerking01 wrote:How do I cut part of a sig off and "flip" it around like some of the borders I've seen here....I have a banner I'm changing for someone and I want to cut the top border off and flip it around and put it on bottom...that way when I have another copy of the layer they will match but be on different sides....Also how do I make the background that has what looks like to me dotted lines going through it.They look very straight to me and when I try to do that by hand it looks REALLY bad....Acutally some look like both single lines and whole sections...the sections almost look like they could be a pattern but I don't know how to use patterns so if thats it can someone please clue me in?

This sig from the contest has some of what I'm talking about in it...

Last post.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=324436
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby BGbootha » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:10 am

Lots of questions...

OK, my brother is doing the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike race in July and he is trying to get his logo and a couple of sponsor's logos onto a jersey.

The jersey people sent him an email telling him that he needs to make a 'vector' file with all the images to scale and ready for print.
With that said, he has absolutely 0 computer graphic stuff and wants me to help him.

I have tried to just place his logo that he wants and the other two logo's into a photoshop thing, but the problem is that when I tell photoshop to make a 'new' document that is 8"x11" it makes somethign that is freakin huge and nothing anywhere close to the right size...what am I doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its driving me crazy
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:33 am

BGbootha wrote:Lots of questions...

OK, my brother is doing the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike race in July and he is trying to get his logo and a couple of sponsor's logos onto a jersey.

The jersey people sent him an email telling him that he needs to make a 'vector' file with all the images to scale and ready for print.
With that said, he has absolutely 0 computer graphic stuff and wants me to help him.

I have tried to just place his logo that he wants and the other two logo's into a photoshop thing, but the problem is that when I tell photoshop to make a 'new' document that is 8"x11" it makes somethign that is freakin huge and nothing anywhere close to the right size...what am I doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its driving me crazy

First of all, Photoshop can't do vector graphics. You need to use Illustrator for that. It is a complicated thing that I might be able to do, but I wouldn't even be really confident that I would get the file to them in the right format. :-/

As for the Photoshop problem, probably your pixels per inch are set at like 300 or something. When it is sent to the printer, it will print at the right size, but on the screen it will look 3 times the right size. Screen resolutions are 72 DPI normally while printers are up to 300 DPI. So if you are designing something for print to be printed on 8"x11" paper, you will really be designing something WAY bigger than that so it will print with the proper quality. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off