Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:49 am

I got the border flipping...Any help with that packground...I'm not sure if its a texture or a stock or what exactly so any help there would be cool...also if its a texture how exactly do I use it?Or even get it for that matter?
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:56 am

boehlerking01 wrote:I got the border flipping...Any help with that packground...I'm not sure if its a texture or a stock or what exactly so any help there would be cool...also if its a texture how exactly do I use it?Or even get it for that matter?

Click the fill tool and there is a drop-down menu on the toolbar that says foreground. Change that to pattern. Clikc the down arrow beside the square to the right of the menu you just used and there are all of the patterns built in to Photoshop. To get a new pattern into Photoshop, just search Google for free photoshop patterns like you would do brushes and put it into the patterns folder similar to what you would do with brushes. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Your looking for how I did the background? It's about 10 layers of various black and white (alternating layers) rust n grunge brushes in a package I have. Then I think I did a layer or 2 of the bucs red and some black. Then I used some black screen brush and put at about 60% opacity. Then I did a couple lighting effects on the background as well... Sorry if that doesn't help too much, im kinda blanking on exactly what I did. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BGbootha » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:17 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:First of all, Photoshop can't do vector graphics. You need to use Illustrator for that. It is a complicated thing that I might be able to do, but I wouldn't even be really confident that I would get the file to them in the right format. :-/

Ummmm OK, I really didn't think that being in vector format would be an issue at all. great now what.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby BGbootha » Tue May 01, 2007 12:13 am

Where do all the dead sigs go???

A couple of guys just posted asking for sigs in the request forum, the two have a combined 5 posts, but that is not the point. My question/suggestion...

Why not provide usable galleries of our dead sigs. I mean I have been around the cafe for about 4 years now, I have probably gone through 10 sigs during those four years, some of which were really good made by some of you guys. Why not put up a few stickies on the top, that say, <username> useable sig gallery. I mean we gots to have a number of old sigs sitting in our imageshack boxes just wasting space right.

If all goes well then why not a forum (I know this is a stretch) this would provide people (newbs) with useable sigs. I know BO did this with his team sigs, and thats kinda what gave me the idea.

On another note, with the Cafe contests, why not make the contest for Cafe Quality sigs, so that they are useable to the cafe. Kinda seems wasteful to make these things, and not give people the chance to wear them.

Just some thoughts.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue May 01, 2007 12:23 am

BGbootha wrote:Where do all the dead sigs go???

A couple of guys just posted asking for sigs in the request forum, the two have a combined 5 posts, but that is not the point. My question/suggestion...

Why not provide usable galleries of our dead sigs. I mean I have been around the cafe for about 4 years now, I have probably gone through 10 sigs during those four years, some of which were really good made by some of you guys. Why not put up a few stickies on the top, that say, <username> useable sig gallery. I mean we gots to have a number of old sigs sitting in our imageshack boxes just wasting space right.

If all goes well then why not a forum (I know this is a stretch) this would provide people (newbs) with useable sigs. I know BO did this with his team sigs, and thats kinda what gave me the idea.

On another note, with the Cafe contests, why not make the contest for Cafe Quality sigs, so that they are useable to the cafe. Kinda seems wasteful to make these things, and not give people the chance to wear them.

Just some thoughts.

Interesting thought, and I have no problem donating some signatures that are just sitting on my hard drive. The thing is though, I have no problem personalizing a signature for anyone that requests one and has been around for a bit. I really think it gives some incentive for those "newbies" to hang around. When I see someone with 1 post here at the cafe asking for a sig it makes me highly suspicious of their actual intentions. For all I know they are taking our good will for granted and taking their sig to another forum. Just my 2 rupies.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 am

BGbootha wrote:Where do all the dead sigs go???

Just some thoughts.

myself and others in here will throw up a thread in the logos forum once and a while and give away all of our unused sigs. ive thought about a thread for homeless sigs before, but its just a matter of all of the work it would take to update it by adding and removing sigs all of the time.

the sigs we make for the contests can be used by anyone in the cafe. all you need to do is downsize them. after the contest is over, i will be using the sig i made for this round. some contests require us to make sigs for the contest already cafe quality, but it hinders what we would like to do so much that its nice to just cut loose and have no limits contests and be free to do what we want with a sig. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 01, 2007 7:51 am

Exactly what Deluxe said. Madas and I both have threads in the Sig Request forum with our free sigs in them, so there are options. If they don't find one that they like there, then they can get some more posts (and more importantly, stay around longer) and try again. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Tue May 01, 2007 9:14 am

we don't wanna be calling it dead sigs coz no one might use it thinking they are yucky sigs. :-b
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 am

Another thing we could do...Is post any unused sigs in the thread that is already a stickie....why make a new thread for it when we aready have one...also if we tell the people that might use the sigs that you are leaving the code up so ANYBODY can use it then we wouldnt have to update them to begin with....I have no problem with one sig being used by 3 people as long as the three people know it could happen to begin with.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off