Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 am

boehlerking01 wrote:Another thing we could do...Is post any unused sigs in the thread that is already a stickie....why make a new thread for it when we aready have one...also if we tell the people that might use the sigs that you are leaving the code up so ANYBODY can use it then we wouldnt have to update them to begin with....I have no problem with one sig being used by 3 people as long as the three people know it could happen to begin with.

most people want their signature to be exclusive to them though. a signature is what sets people apart from other posters.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boehlerking01 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:38 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
boehlerking01 wrote:Another thing we could do...Is post any unused sigs in the thread that is already a stickie....why make a new thread for it when we aready have one...also if we tell the people that might use the sigs that you are leaving the code up so ANYBODY can use it then we wouldnt have to update them to begin with....I have no problem with one sig being used by 3 people as long as the three people know it could happen to begin with.

most people want their signature to be exclusive to them though. a signature is what sets people apart from other posters.

I agree delux...most will want different signatures but for the new people coming in with 1 or 2 posts I don't see why we couldn't point them in that direction with the promise that after they have more time logged in someone will make a totally new sig for them...It might make them happy enough to stay and actually post....But it might not....Oh well it was just a thought.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:45 am

in my experience, most people with 2 posts that come and ask for sigs are just asking for them to use on another site...maybe a site where either the artists arent very good or they charge for them....then we never see them again. i personally wont make a sig for a member unless they have at least 20 posts, but everyone is different. i made sure to have 100 posts before i even posted a request thread for a sig.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 01, 2007 10:49 am

deluxe_247 wrote:in my experience, most people with 2 posts that come and ask for sigs are just asking for them to use on another site...maybe a site where either the artists arent very good or they charge for them....then we never see them again. i personally wont make a sig for a member unless they have at least 20 posts, but everyone is different. i made sure to have 100 posts before i even posted a request thread for a sig.

Exactly. I have seen MANY forums that have requirements on how you have to have 30 posts or something before you can request a sig.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:51 am

Like I said...It was just a thought...
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:51 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:in my experience, most people with 2 posts that come and ask for sigs are just asking for them to use on another site...maybe a site where either the artists arent very good or they charge for them....then we never see them again. i personally wont make a sig for a member unless they have at least 20 posts, but everyone is different. i made sure to have 100 posts before i even posted a request thread for a sig.

Exactly. I have seen MANY forums that have requirements on how you have to have 30 posts or something before you can request a sig.

I know I don't make them for anyone under 100... but then again i'm mean.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 01, 2007 11:00 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

I know I don't make them for anyone under 100... but then again i'm mean.

Yes, you are. You are VERY mean. :-[ :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri May 04, 2007 9:06 pm

A:Image

B:Image

good luck guys ;-D[/quote]

I very much would like it if someone could teach me how to make BOTH of these borders!
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Border Turorials
Tech Border Tutorial

Just search google for a tech border tutorial and they will literally be all over the place.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 04, 2007 9:25 pm

joel is a google addict :-b !+)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off