Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby South Park Cows » Wed May 30, 2007 5:31 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:you can never get it as sharp when enlarging a picture. i try to never do it unless im using it in a background where its faded and not noticed as much. you can always try using the "sharpen" effect. it works pretty well...but if you are getting pixelation...you might need more than that as it must be a really small pic to begin with. maybe a blur then shapen :-?

either way it most likely wont come out as clean as you would like. :-/

Sharpen edges works better in these situations compared to just sharpen.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Postby beckett19 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:15 pm

where do you guys get these sweet renders from?
beckett19
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:27 pm

beckett19 wrote:where do you guys get these sweet renders from?

All over. :-b

Google or another graphics forum mostly. Just search google for sports graphics forum and see what comes up. There will be a lot of good renders there most likely. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:54 pm

so how many graphics guys we still have floating around?? im thinking about getting some sort of contest going, or maybe some team cards like we used to do.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:51 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:so how many graphics guys we still have floating around?? im thinking about getting some sort of contest going, or maybe some team cards like we used to do.

I am around and kicking. I have been without Photoshop from December 26 until about a week ago and have a ton of design to catch up on for our church. However, if something was started, I would be game. I think that to get started at least, we should include all cafe's and do some PM recruiting. The GFX forums have been so dead, it will take some major work to get people interested and follow it all the way through.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm around and I might be up for something.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby eagles21 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Haven't made anything in a REALLY long time, but I could probably still whip something up. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:53 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:so how many graphics guys we still have floating around?? im thinking about getting some sort of contest going, or maybe some team cards like we used to do.

Are you still thinking of doing this deluxe? I still haven't really made many sigs, but I am really itching to whip out Photoshop and make something, especially if we had a contest going. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat May 17, 2008 9:54 pm

oh snap.... i forgot !+) :-b . ill make a generic signup thread and see who is interested ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 am

hey guys, im new here, but over at the baseball cafe, i've been working on a ton of sigs and will be hanging out in the football graphic zones quite often to see everyones awesome sigs, perhaps do a few requests ;-D . deluxe, i thank u for putting that tutorial thread up, both of them were awesome. unfortuenetly i have gimp so it was kind of tough to do some of the same things they did, but idk. do you think photoshop would be a huge upgrade from gimp? ik of some really good artists around here that use gimp, so im not to worried about it
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off