Graphics Guys Chit-Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Re: Graphics Guys Chit-Chat

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:01 pm

abrage22 wrote:hey guys, im new here, but over at the baseball cafe, i've been working on a ton of sigs and will be hanging out in the football graphic zones quite often to see everyones awesome sigs, perhaps do a few requests ;-D . deluxe, i thank u for putting that tutorial thread up, both of them were awesome. unfortuenetly i have gimp so it was kind of tough to do some of the same things they did, but idk. do you think photoshop would be a huge upgrade from gimp? ik of some really good artists around here that use gimp, so im not to worried about it

hey man...welcome over to this side of the forum ;-D

im glad you like that tutorial post. ive meant to get some more in there, but just havent ever got around to making one myself. maybe that should be my next project :-D . i think joel said he was going to make a tutorial on how he made his sig that just won that tourney, so that would be cool.

i think photoshop is a huge upgrade from GIMP. never used gimp, i just know that photoshop has a lot more stuff that you can do with it. i have seen a number of artists put out really amazing stuff using gimp, so its not like its a bad program though. if i would have had to pay for my copy of photoshop it would have been a tougher decision too. :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SJNez46 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:13 pm

if you need any deluxe PM me and i can make some ;-D
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm

I need to see if I can free up some time to make that tutorial. It won't be as much of a tutorial as a collection of tips I used to make the sig.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I need to see if I can free up some time to make that tutorial. It won't be as much of a tutorial as a collection of tips I used to make the sig.

Yeah, if you just summarized the techniques you used, that would be awesome. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:25 pm

eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I need to see if I can free up some time to make that tutorial. It won't be as much of a tutorial as a collection of tips I used to make the sig.

Yeah, if you just summarized the techniques you used, that would be awesome. ;-D

Yeah, its like 75-100 layers I think so I don't think I want to detail every step. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Found a guy on photobucket who has over 1,000 NFL stocks of various players. Thought it would be good to post here. ;-D

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa109/sickpicsnfl/
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:04 pm

awesome thanks eagles ;-D
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:55 pm

not likely those stay available for long. Photobucket can be pretty strict about taking those off when they find them assuming he didn't take them himself.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:00 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:not likely those stay available for long. Photobucket can be pretty strict about taking those off when they find them assuming he didn't take them himself.

I doubt he took all those himself....If not If he kept them private he wouldn't have any problems but yeah they'll most likely be gone soon.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 am

Use them while you can. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off