Ocho Cinco Sig (updated 4/24) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Ocho Cinco Sig (updated 4/24)

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Ocho Cinco Sig (updated 4/24)

Postby BGbootha » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:00 am

I made this sig for a buddy of mine on here, I like everything but the text. I just couldn't quite get it right. Any suggestions?

Last edited by BGbootha on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby mrblitz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:59 am

Looks really good to me, I can't see anything you couldv'e done differently. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:43 am

mrblitz wrote:Looks really good to me, I can't see anything you couldv'e done differently. ;-D

Well that's funny, because I do.

Add more to the bg first of all. The flame would work nicely as a base stock, but there needs to be more to it. Experiment with adjustment layers and more stocks on different blending modes, not just overlay or soft light. Darken, lighten, and exclusion come in handy a lot of times, it's just a matter of playing around and seeing what looks best. Also, I don't know what you did with the text but it's too choppy. You may need to change the anti-aliasing mode. And kill the bevel and outer glow. They just don't look good in sigs.

Overall it's a good start, but you'll get better with more experience.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 am

Yeah, the big thing is the text. I don't know why it looks so choppy, but something needs to be changed there.

And other than what SPC said, add a black border around the outside of the sig on top of the renders. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:42 am

Sweet thanks, I am going to play around some more with the text, its really bothering me. Also try some of the stuff that was said, this is a lot harder than it looks
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:14 pm

i think the sig would look better if the bigger image of CJ is placed at the right side and the smaller image at the left side. can i assume you placed the larger image there so as not to make obvious the chopped image of his right hand?

i suggest that the larger image be the focus of your sig as the viewer's attention gets distracted with the other elements of your sig. so that means that you have to project them more as a background/part of the background. the fire can remain clear as it is if that is how you want it to appear but i don't think the placement shouldn't be there.

text font, color, size and placement - redo them all and remove the bevel.

your designer's initials (BG) shouldn't be that prominent too.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:00 pm

OK i started playing with it, I like this one alot better, but I am not there yet.

more suggestions please!!!!! Thanks guys.

BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:10 pm

BGbootha wrote:OK i started playing with it, I like this one alot better, but I am not there yet.

Much, much better.

Very Creative.

Still need to do some work on getting some background in there. Try duplicating the layer with the render on it 5 or 6 times and move them around so they cover the canvas. Then merge all of those layers (leaving 1 render layer separate and all the rest merged. Now go to filter>Blur> Radial Blur. Then choose Zoom and 100%. Click ok. After that, then you have a base for a simple, simple background. That will get you started on the right path as far as backgrounds go. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:11 pm

Oh and you still need a black border on the very edge above the render. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:54 pm

BGbootha wrote:OK i started playing with it, I like this one alot better, but I am not there yet.

Wow.. a very big improvement if we compare it to your 1st draft.

Try getting the render a bit off the center. Positioning it exactly at the center is like you gonna execute him.

try getting some stock photos or C4Ds that can serve as a nice background and/or add some effects to your sig such a lighting. Get several of these stock photos or C4Ds and place them atop of each other. Experiment on the effects by changing the opacity, blending, color, etc.

am not that very particular with your choice of border/border effects. this one does not really ruin the overall image of your sig but try applying other border options and then you assess it whether it would look better for you. ;-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off