Parent of the Year: Alec Baldwin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Parent of the Year: Alec Baldwin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:09 pm

i fail to see the problem.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby dream_017 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:23 pm

Of course the message was out of line, but I have heard....and this is not to justify it, just to put it in a little context.....when she is with him in NY and Kim calls, his daughter always answers the pone right away and talks for hours to Kim.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:33 pm

dream_017 wrote:Of course the message was out of line, but I have heard....and this is not to justify it, just to put it in a little context.....when she is with him in NY and Kim calls, his daughter always answers the pone right away and talks for hours to Kim.

Yeah, not ot say that he shouldn't be frustrated, just nobody should ever be as frustrated to say those things to an 11-year old kid.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:35 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Of course the message was out of line, but I have heard....and this is not to justify it, just to put it in a little context.....when she is with him in NY and Kim calls, his daughter always answers the pone right away and talks for hours to Kim.

Yeah, not ot say that he shouldn't be frustrated, just nobody should ever be as frustrated to say those things to an 11-year old kid.

Unless you're moonhead. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:26 pm

His problems with his ex-wife are between her and him. Putting a child into the middle of a situation like this is pathetic and childish. I don't normally care what the hell anyone does in Hollywood, but when parents who burden their kids with their own problems sickens me.

:-t

moonhead wrote:i fail to see the problem.

Then read it again moon. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:50 pm

Doesn't surprise me - he's alway's been a #1 a-hole. There's a lot of movies made up here in southern Alberta - Clint Eastwood, Anthony Hopkins, Kevin Costner, Robert Duval, Gene Hackman, Brad Pitt are just a few of the stars that have been here and have been complimentary of the place and been pleasant in public and nice to fans. Baldwin, a "B" list star at best, said derogatory things about the area, was rude in public everywhere he went and behaved like a boor, and basically treated everyone he dealt with like sh** - guy is just a total jerk! He has all the class of a wet beer fart!!!
:-t :-t :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:00 pm

I kind of don't see the problem here, but then again, I'm probably assuming a lot since this is Alec Baldwin and his daughter. Even though she's 11, she likely grew up much different than most other 11 year olds. I'd also guess that she's not unfamiliar with cursing being a Hollywood child. And her name is Ireland, of all things, so she's bound to go through some mental trauma anyways.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:19 pm

How could you Arec Balwin? Best actor in the world, but worst parent. :-t :-b

BTW, who names a kid Ireland? :-?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:How could you Arec Balwin? Best actor in the world, but worst parent. :-t :-b

BTW, who names a kid Ireland? :-?

Actually, its not all that uncommon. I have heard it used on several occasions.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Baldwin went over the line with his comments...that's for sure. But we don't know the entire story. We don't know what the daughter did or didn't do that made him so mad. Either way, he definitely shouldn't have said some of the things he said.

I'm surprised that noone is upset with the fact that this was obviously leaked by Basinger and/or her lawyers. That's just wrong. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk