Allergies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Allergies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Allergies

Postby sox 06 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:04 pm

I did a search and found a thread on who has allergies but it didn't have much info on what you use to prevent them. I've been taking Zyrtec for a few years now and it has been working like a charm. But recently it hasn't been working and tonight has been rough. I sneeze 5 or 6 times in a row every couple of minutes, my eyes and nose itch and I'm starting to get a headache :-P :-t This has been happening for the past couple of weeks. I may have to abort Zyrtec so what do you allergy sufferers use medicine-wise?
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 am

have you been to an Alergist to figure out what exactly you are allergic too? If you haven't once you do there are treatments or other thing they can suggest other than just taking a drug.

My son has alergies to all grass polen and all dust alergens. He is in the process of taking shots to minimize the reaction to those things. It sucks for him but will be better in the long run. He has to take 1 shot every week for the next 5 months (has done 1 month so far) and the 1 shot every 3 weeks for the next 1-3 years. If it works (80%) he will no longer be alergic to those items.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:24 am

Get allergy shots.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby BGbootha » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:37 am

I have battled allergies all my life. The reason Zyrtec is no longer working for you is that you hit the limit on your current allergy meds. I was taking Clariton for a couple of years and it worked wonderful, then one year, it did nothing!!! I went to my doctor and she put me on Allegra, worked great for a while. I am now taking Zyrtec and loving it, but my guess is that after a couple of years, my body won't respond to it and I will have to move on to something else.

I have looked into allergy shots, but haven't tried them myself. Of course mine really haven't kicked in YET this season.

:-t with Allergies
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby mrblitz » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:37 am

As I'm getting older, I am growing out of my allergies. Thank God. When I was a kid, I suffered tremendously with them. Unbearable itchy eyes, and sneeze attacks galore. :-P

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:25 am

I haven't figured out what exactly I'm alergic to. My doctor said I could take some tests to pinpoint my allergies or I could take one Zyrtec pill every night (I took the easier option :-b ). I figured my body was getting used to the Zyrtec or something.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:43 pm

mrblitz wrote:As I'm getting older, I am growing out of my allergies. Thank God. When I was a kid, I suffered tremendously with them. Unbearable itchy eyes, and sneeze attacks galore. :-P

i'm right with you blitz... when i was younger I had horrible allergies and I had asthma... but i started eating right, working out, and running and i lost every allergy i had and kicked my asthma... it might be because the way I changed my lifestyle... or just me getting older... no way to tell for me...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby knapplc » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:10 pm

As I grow older I'm growing in to my allergies, and it royally stinks. I'm taking Allegra right now and it's working pretty well, but I'm considering seeing an allergist. This year is atrocious.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:50 pm

I took Allegra for the first time last year and will use it again this year. ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Metroid is allergic to nothing....except Jimboozie.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to General Talk