Man's Best Friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Man's Best Friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:15 am

Sorry about the size. :-/
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Image
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Baseball ModHockey Mod
Posts: 1287
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 2008 GOM: 6

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:06 am

Here you go man, sorry for your loss :,-(

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by treat24 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:21 am

Sorry to hear about your dog Lo. We know you loved that pooch. We saw him with your every post. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 am

Lo - sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved pooch...... :-/
Image
Image

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13949
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lurking somewhere between here and there...

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 am

Very sorry Lo about losing your friend. :,-(

I only had 1 dog growing up and he passed when I was pretty young, I really don't remember it. I do know when the time does come for Ginger those are gonna be some rough days. :-t
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 am

Metroid wrote:Very sorry Lo about losing your friend. :,-(

I only had 1 dog growing up and he passed when I was pretty young, I really don't remember it. I do know when the time does come for Ginger those are gonna be some rough days. :-t



Sorry to hear the news Lo :,-(

Met - same here, we had a dog when I was born up until I was about 3-4 years old and I still remember crying at the window as my dad had to take her to be put down. Roscoe is getting up there in age now and I hate to think of the time when I am going to have to make that decision...and the effect it will have on my boys (3,1)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 58)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 am

dream_017 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Very sorry Lo about losing your friend. :,-(

I only had 1 dog growing up and he passed when I was pretty young, I really don't remember it. I do know when the time does come for Ginger those are gonna be some rough days. :-t



Sorry to hear the news Lo :,-(

Met - same here, we had a dog when I was born up until I was about 3-4 years old and I still remember crying at the window as my dad had to take her to be put down. Roscoe is getting up there in age now and I hate to think of the time when I am going to have to make that decision...and the effect it will have on my boys (3,1)

How old is Roscoe? Do you have any other dogs? I know that getting a new pup when your dog starts getting up there in age can help in many ways. For one it can rejuvenate the old timer and make them feel young again, sometimes they'll take on a nurturing role which gives them reason to keep moving. Also because you've made another friend it makes it a little easier for you and your family when that time finally does come. Of course nothing can replace Roscoe just as nothing can replace Ginger but I know when she finally starts to slow down I am for sure getting a new pup. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:05 am

Metroid wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Very sorry Lo about losing your friend. :,-(

I only had 1 dog growing up and he passed when I was pretty young, I really don't remember it. I do know when the time does come for Ginger those are gonna be some rough days. :-t



Sorry to hear the news Lo :,-(

Met - same here, we had a dog when I was born up until I was about 3-4 years old and I still remember crying at the window as my dad had to take her to be put down. Roscoe is getting up there in age now and I hate to think of the time when I am going to have to make that decision...and the effect it will have on my boys (3,1)

How old is Roscoe? Do you have any other dogs? I know that getting a new pup when your dog starts getting up there in age can help in many ways. For one it can rejuvenate the old timer and make them feel young again, sometimes they'll take on a nurturing role which gives them reason to keep moving. Also because you've made another friend it makes it a little easier for you and your family when that time finally does come. Of course nothing can replace Roscoe just as nothing can replace Ginger but I know when she finally starts to slow down I am for sure getting a new pup. ;-D


He is 8 1/2 now. Not real old but getting up there. He tore his ACL last fall, which doesn't help his activity or helping in being able to bring in a pup to rejuvenate him. We have been thinking if we should add another soon or wait, either way has its positives and negitives. :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 58)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 am

dream_017 wrote:
He is 8 1/2 now. Not real old but getting up there. He tore his ACL last fall, which doesn't help his activity or helping in being able to bring in a pup to rejuvenate him. We have been thinking if we should add another soon or wait, either way has its positives and negitives. :-?

Yeah Ginger is almost 8 shes still really active and gets around great hopefully she'll stay fit and healthy for years to come but once she slows down I getting her a new friend. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:56 am

Lofunzo wrote:For anyone on the fence about what type of dog to get, I highly recommend a greyhound.


I will go ahead and second that. My brother and his wife have one and it is the best dog. I really want to get one for myself, but living in apartments and with roommates makes it impossible right now.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 4074
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cincinnati - West Price Hill

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:34 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact