Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Man's Best Friend

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:06 am

Here you go man, sorry for your loss :,-(

Last edited by treat24 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:21 am

Sorry to hear about your dog Lo. We know you loved that pooch. We saw him with your every post. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 am

Lo - sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved pooch...... :-/

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 am

Very sorry Lo about losing your friend. :,-(

I only had 1 dog growing up and he passed when I was pretty young, I really don't remember it. I do know when the time does come for Ginger those are gonna be some rough days. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 am

Metroid wrote:Very sorry Lo about losing your friend. :,-(

I only had 1 dog growing up and he passed when I was pretty young, I really don't remember it. I do know when the time does come for Ginger those are gonna be some rough days. :-t

Sorry to hear the news Lo :,-(

Met - same here, we had a dog when I was born up until I was about 3-4 years old and I still remember crying at the window as my dad had to take her to be put down. Roscoe is getting up there in age now and I hate to think of the time when I am going to have to make that decision...and the effect it will have on my boys (3,1)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 am

dream_017 wrote:

Met - same here, we had a dog when I was born up until I was about 3-4 years old and I still remember crying at the window as my dad had to take her to be put down. Roscoe is getting up there in age now and I hate to think of the time when I am going to have to make that decision...and the effect it will have on my boys (3,1)

How old is Roscoe? Do you have any other dogs? I know that getting a new pup when your dog starts getting up there in age can help in many ways. For one it can rejuvenate the old timer and make them feel young again, sometimes they'll take on a nurturing role which gives them reason to keep moving. Also because you've made another friend it makes it a little easier for you and your family when that time finally does come. Of course nothing can replace Roscoe just as nothing can replace Ginger but I know when she finally starts to slow down I am for sure getting a new pup. ;-D
Metroid

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:05 am

Metroid wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

How old is Roscoe? Do you have any other dogs? I know that getting a new pup when your dog starts getting up there in age can help in many ways. For one it can rejuvenate the old timer and make them feel young again, sometimes they'll take on a nurturing role which gives them reason to keep moving. Also because you've made another friend it makes it a little easier for you and your family when that time finally does come. Of course nothing can replace Roscoe just as nothing can replace Ginger but I know when she finally starts to slow down I am for sure getting a new pup. ;-D

He is 8 1/2 now. Not real old but getting up there. He tore his ACL last fall, which doesn't help his activity or helping in being able to bring in a pup to rejuvenate him. We have been thinking if we should add another soon or wait, either way has its positives and negitives. :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 am

dream_017 wrote:
He is 8 1/2 now. Not real old but getting up there. He tore his ACL last fall, which doesn't help his activity or helping in being able to bring in a pup to rejuvenate him. We have been thinking if we should add another soon or wait, either way has its positives and negitives. :-?

Yeah Ginger is almost 8 shes still really active and gets around great hopefully she'll stay fit and healthy for years to come but once she slows down I getting her a new friend. ;-D
Metroid

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:56 am

Lofunzo wrote:For anyone on the fence about what type of dog to get, I highly recommend a greyhound.

I will go ahead and second that. My brother and his wife have one and it is the best dog. I really want to get one for myself, but living in apartments and with roommates makes it impossible right now.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk