An Idea for this forum... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

An Idea for this forum...

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

An Idea for this forum...

Postby BGbootha » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:31 am

Hey one thing that I think would be really useful for this forum is a glossary of sorts, and/or a link list.

I have found some pretty cool pre-cut renders out there on some pretty cool sites. I am sure these sites could be helpful to others.

As far as the glossary goes, during the last couple of days, I have come across a large amount of new vocabulary terms, renders, stocks, brushes, PSDS, etc. just an idea if someone wants to through one together.

just an idea
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:01 am

yeah i actually had been planning on doing something like this in the forum next weekend when i had a few days off. i was planning on making a basics(begginers) tutorial covering some lingo...and just the core of things to make a sig, such as cutting renders out, placement, text basics, borders, and some basic effects.

i was also planning on making a stickied thread in this forum made solely for tutorials. all the tutorials made could be grouped in this thread with links, descriptions, authors names...all on one page for easy access and navigation. i know there are a handful already floating around both the logos forums, they would be added, and im sure a thread for them with credit given appropriately would encourage more to share some of their cool tricks/knowledge.

i thought something along the lines of headers for each link like:

"BGBootha shares in this tutorial the basics of lighting effects
difficulty: easy

link here"

great thinking bgbootha...stuff like this is appreciated as id like this to be a fun and helpful forum for everyone. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:38 am

good idea... and i think it will better if we can it as a sub-forum (separate from the sigs requests and showing off subforums) rather than stickying it coz when it's hard to scan through a very long thread when you are looking for a specific topic.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:20 am

believe me, a sub-forum would be cool...but if i understand what you are saying, i wouldnt hold my breath on it happening. im pretty surprised actually that we even got this contest and showing off forum to begin with...but it was only made out of a serious need because when we had a single forum for logos peoples requests were getting lost in a sea of sig critique and battle threads. you can be my guest to try and petition to the admins to somehow create one for us if you would like....but i have learned over the years that the admins generally will only add to their workload if it is something that is highly needed.

i think you are maybe not understanding the jist of the tut thread i would create. it would be a single post that either myself or alkoholik would update if new tuts needed to be added. it would simply be a list organized in the way i described in my first post with link to the various tuts...like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BGBootha shares in this tutorial the basics of lighting effects
difficulty: easy

link here

madas shows us how to create a grunge style sig
difficulty: medium

link here

etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
..not a thread for people to just come and post their new ones in, so scrolling down the post really wouldnt be any more work than searching through a sub-forum, plus you would get a small desripition of the tut itself which is more than you would see on folders if it went the sub-forum route. dont know if i made that clear :-?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:54 am

deluxe_247 wrote:believe me, a sub-forum would be cool...but if i understand what you are saying, i wouldnt hold my breath on it happening. im pretty surprised actually that we even got this contest and showing off forum to begin with...

:-) i won't ever forget how that happened coz i made a post/suggestion about the need to separate the sig requests from the CnC threads.

anyway, the stickied tuts option which you're suggesting is fine with me. ;-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:24 am

I for one think this is a GREAT idea!I would ALSO put in a request.....when someone makes a sig tut that they have tabbed for "BEGINNERS", PLEASE assume that the person using that Tut has NEVER opened photoshop before and be anal about how to do things.....While I liked madas tut I am still at a loss about how to actually do some of the things that he did in it and was really confused....I know that when I FINALLY get good enough at this stuff I was planning on doing that myself.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:32 am

There should just be a thread full of links to all sorts of resources like tuts, stocks, brushes, fonts, psds, etc.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:36 am

South Park Cows wrote:There should just be a thread full of links to all sorts of resources like tuts, stocks, brushes, fonts, psds, etc.

yeah i thought about that too...im not sure of what the cafes rules are as far as promoting links to other sites. i know we throw it around a lot in here, but stickying a thread at the top might get myself in trouble if thats no kosher with the bosses. ill talk to those guys and find out if its cool that i do that. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BGbootha » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:12 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:There should just be a thread full of links to all sorts of resources like tuts, stocks, brushes, fonts, psds, etc.

yeah i thought about that too...im not sure of what the cafes rules are as far as promoting links to other sites. i know we throw it around a lot in here, but stickying a thread at the top might get myself in trouble if thats no kosher with the bosses. ill talk to those guys and find out if its cool that i do that. ;-D

From what I understand links to other sites for this purpose should be fine, as long as we are not using 'referral' links or anything like that.

;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby eagles21 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Awesome idea. If we can get this going, I'll definitely contribute and give some of my stuff. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off