Thinking Calvin Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

Thinking Calvin Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thinking Calvin Johnson?

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:44 am

You all have probably seen this on the Denver Post already, but I'm putting it up here just in case you didn't.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5728859

Although it would be crazy nice for Cutler to have Walker, Johnson, Marshall, Graham, Scheffler, and Stokley as his receivers, isn't the proposed Broncos offer to Detroit a bit much? Tampa may have to up their ante a little....but obviously no trades until Oakland makes their choice.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yellowbird » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:11 am

I feel like we have other holes to fill on the D side of the ball first. But perhaps Shanny is thinking about a cut throat passing attack with a cut throat pair of corners. Using the old Colts "score more than the other guy" plan of attack. Regardless Middle Linebacker, Saftey, and DE all seem like big needs. Replacements for Foster and Wilson are necessary aren't they? I don't see their understudies on the roster as of right now...

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Timbathia » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:01 pm

I would prefer to see us trade up for one of the better DEs. IMO an impact player in the front four on defense seems more important than having the best WR tandem in the league (think how bad the Cardinals are despite Boldin and Fitz). Trading up for Adams, Anderson or Carriker would be much nicer than staying put at 21 and taking Jarvis Moss.

I just saw that Scott Wright on NFLdraftcountdown is now predicting Joe Staley to the Broncos (it had been Moss for a while now). Not a bad option, especially if Shanny and Bates thinks they can get a project DE later in the draft.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Denver Broncos