Man Rams Wife's House over Cigarette - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man Rams Wife's House over Cigarette

Moderator: Football Moderators

Man Rams Wife's House over Cigarette

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:01 pm

Another reason not to drink and drive or smoke.

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) - A north Idaho man accused of ramming his truck into his estranged wife's home Monday after unsuccessfully demanding that she bring him a cigarette has been arrested, police said. No one was injured.

Eric D. Marienau, 48, of Sandpoint, was jailed for investigation of aggravated assault and driving while intoxicated after Coeur d'Alene police officers were called to his wife's residence in this lakeside resort community.

Caroline Marienau, who said she's in the process of getting a divorce, said Eric Marienau parked his full-size Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck next to her house about 7 a.m., police said.

He went to the home's fence and began shouting for her to bring him a cigarette, Caroline Marienau told police. She said he began pounding on her front door, telling her if she didn't come outside with a cigarette that he would return with his truck and ram her house.

"Eric returned a minute later and rammed the front of the house near the garage area at a high rate of speed. He then backed up and rammed the front of the house at least two more times," Police Sgt. Christie Wood said. "The impact forced a 1993 Ford Ranger that was parked inside the garage to be propelled approximately four feet through a wall into the interior of the bedroom."

Eric Marienau was not immediately reachable for comment and it was not known if he was represented by a lawyer.

Nobody was in the bedroom at the time but the house and both vehicles sustained major damage, police said.

There was a gas canister and gas-soaked rag in the bed of the truck, as well as another gas canister in the truck's cab, at the time of the ramming, police said.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm a sox fan... so I read "Man Ram" as Manny Ramirez and didn't figure it out until halfway through the article... I'm an idiot...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 pm

treat24 wrote:I'm a sox fan... so I read "Man Ram" as Manny Ramirez and didn't figure it out until halfway through the article... I'm an idiot...

Man, I had to read the title three times to figure out it wasn't about Manny too. I was ready to post 'Not only wrong forum, wrong side too!'. :-b :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:40 pm

What, she can't get the guy a smoke? She's too good for him or what?

Serves her right. Shoulda' cut the house in half and hauled his half off.

:-B
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Safe to assume that when that guy was concieved, there was no lifeguard in the gene pool! :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
treat24 wrote:I'm a sox fan... so I read "Man Ram" as Manny Ramirez and didn't figure it out until halfway through the article... I'm an idiot...

Man, I had to read the title three times to figure out it wasn't about Manny too. I was ready to post 'Not only wrong forum, wrong side too!'. :-b :-B

Its pretty much the title from the article, I just copy, pasted and edited it a bit to shorten it.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:46 pm

she won't make that mistake again.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:02 pm

knapplc wrote:What, she can't get the guy a smoke? She's too good for him or what?

HAHA

But wow, why? I mean, this guy had to be under the influence of something, right? I guess he just has major anger issues. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:12 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:What, she can't get the guy a smoke? She's too good for him or what?

HAHA

But wow, why? I mean, this guy had to be under the influence of something, right? I guess he just has major anger issues. 8-o

Yeah he was intoxicated,

Eric D. Marienau, 48, of Sandpoint, was jailed for investigation of aggravated assault and driving while intoxicated
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:13 pm

He went to the home's fence and began shouting for her to bring him a cigarette, Caroline Marienau told police. She said he began pounding on her front door, telling her if she didn't come outside with a cigarette that he would return with his truck and ram her house.

Man of his word. :-b

I knew cigs got expensive, but dang! :-B

:-b :-b :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk