Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 21, 2007 9:03 am

SniperShot wrote:it's all over http://www.blizzard.com now. Check it out. That video of the dude getting all suited up in Marine gear is awesome.

Too bad this is Blizzard and it'll probably still be another 2 years at least before it's final release.

yeah, but at least they will make sure it's as bug free as possible

cant wait

does that mean we get Diablo 3 in about 5 years :-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Postby thatonepoorkid » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:58 pm

pre ordered it yesterday lol. its gonna be released around the time my freshman year of college starts up and this is all i need. i can see alot of homework being left undone because of the zerg on my left and the protoss on my right.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:51 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:pre ordered it yesterday lol. its gonna be released around the time my freshman year of college starts up and this is all i need. i can see alot of homework being left undone because of the zerg on my left and the protoss on my right.
Dude that's awesome! how and where did you preorder it? because last I heard they were nowhere near a release date yet... :-?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby logan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:50 pm

SniperShot wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:pre ordered it yesterday lol. its gonna be released around the time my freshman year of college starts up and this is all i need. i can see alot of homework being left undone because of the zerg on my left and the protoss on my right.
Dude that's awesome! how and where did you preorder it? because last I heard they were nowhere near a release date yet... :-?

most likely and EB or game stop. you can go to EB's webiste and pay for it in full right now if you so desire.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647051
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:49 pm

logan wrote:
SniperShot wrote:

most likely and EB or game stop. you can go to EB's webiste and pay for it in full right now if you so desire.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647051

yep thats how. but i must say i looked at the site again and im really wanna cry lol. i dident see the ship date in full.

it said oct 1st and i dident see the 08 after it .... tear :~( . o well i guess my freshman year will be alright but the next year .... hum not so much. lol
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:57 pm

Yeah I was gonna say, October 07' would be huge...

Oct 08' sounds more like it with a more blizzard realistic thinking a late Spring 09' release.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:46 pm

http://pc.ign.com/articles/798/798580p1.html
StarCraft II Playable at BlizzCon

June 21, 2007 - Blizzard has announced its highly-anticipated real-time strategy sequel StarCraft II will be playable for the first time at the upcoming BlizzCon event August 3-4. Demo stations will be set up around the convention hall, and attendees will get to check out the game's new units, gameplay elements, and engage in multiplayer battles.

Unfortunately, BlizzCon has already sold out. So if you didn't already get your tickets you won't be getting your hands on the game any time soon. IGN will be in attendance, though, and will be providing extensive impressions from the show floor.

They have been working on this thing for over three years... If this game is fully darn near playable I'd say we might be pleasantly suprised at how soon this game will be released.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:22 pm

SniperShot wrote:They have been working on this thing for over three years... If this game is fully darn near playable I'd say we might be pleasantly suprised at how soon this game will be released.

While this may be true, Blizzard spends an inordinate amount of time balancing units and has said they have not even begun doing this yet for SC2.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 pm

is this ever getting released?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:is this ever getting released?

I would expect to see a christmas time release date, if not later.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games