Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Postby logan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:10 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:is this ever getting released?

I would expect to see a christmas time release date, if not later.

nope not till 09 (maybe)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/907/907028p1.html
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 pm

Has Blizzard given any hint if they are trying to release Diabo 3 before Starcraft 2? I'd imagine them trying to finish off Diablo 3 for a release would delay Starcraft 2 even more.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Has Blizzard given any hint if they are trying to release Diabo 3 before Starcraft 2? I'd imagine them trying to finish off Diablo 3 for a release would delay Starcraft 2 even more.

here's an interview from the 28th where they state that they hope SC2 launches before D3 and that it's further along in the dev cycle.blizz never releases until they are satisfied with the product so with them you just never know.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Bli ... 6612_0.htm
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:50 pm

D3 is being worked on by a different development team in Blizzard. "Blizzard North" I believe.

If they're talking about SC2 "hopefully" being released before D3 and D3 "hopefully" being released before the tentative 2011 year then we got some serious issues... I should be used to this by now, it's blizzard. They love to work on games for 4 years then announce them and release them 5 years later!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:37 pm

SniperShot wrote:D3 is being worked on by a different development team in Blizzard. "Blizzard North" I believe.

If they're talking about SC2 "hopefully" being released before D3 and D3 "hopefully" being released before the tentative 2011 year then we got some serious issues... I should be used to this by now, it's blizzard. They love to work on games for 4 years then announce them and release them 5 years later!

Better that than doing what most game companies do and release a sloppy unfinished product.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Definitely. Blizzard has never released a bad or unfinished game. I'll wait 4 years if it'll mean a great game to play for 12 (Which was the case for the original starcraft)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:44 am

well if the rumors are true it looks like SC2 will in fact not launch before D3.

http://www.battleforums.com/newscomments.php?id=28
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:13 pm

logan wrote:well if the rumors are true it looks like SC2 will in fact not launch before D3.

http://www.battleforums.com/newscomments.php?id=28

I think that will probably end up being a good business decision... put the extra time into the game that has the larger fanbase... Not to mention all the starcraft fans are likely to go out and buy D3 just to pass time until starcraft is actually released.

I know I will be buying both ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Wow. That article can be misleading though, there's less people working on sc2 because it's closer to being finished than D3. Still if they won't release SC2 before D3 and D3 hopes to come out by 2011 we're now looking at 2011 being best case for SC2?

lol... :-b

Also gotta be careful with these anonymous sources from inside blizzard. Last time I heard news from an anonymous source from inside blizzard it was the 12 year old kid of a secretary who worked for blizzard but actually had nothing to do with game development; that "World of Starcraft" was going to be announced last March... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 pm

SniperShot wrote:Wow. That article can be misleading though, there's less people working on sc2 because it's closer to being finished than D3. Still if they won't release SC2 before D3 and D3 hopes to come out by 2011 we're now looking at 2011 being best case for SC2?

lol... :-b

Also gotta be careful with these anonymous sources from inside blizzard. Last time I heard news from an anonymous source from inside blizzard it was the 12 year old kid of a secretary who worked for blizzard but actually had nothing to do with game development; that "World of Starcraft" was going to be announced last March... :-b

World of Starcraft...the world would never be the same. :-b 8-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games