Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 am

Apparently SC2's single player mode will be treated as 3 completely seperate titles as they will be just that in depth...

http://kotaku.com/5061980/starcraft-ii- ... -a-trilogy
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:38 am

RWLongy4 wrote:Apparently SC2's single player mode will be treated as 3 completely seperate titles as they will be just that in depth...

hopefully they arent $50 a pop...otherwise they might as well change the name to RapeCraft. :-t what's sad is that i will buy them all regardless of the price
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:33 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Apparently SC2's single player mode will be treated as 3 completely seperate titles as they will be just that in depth...

hopefully they arent $50 a pop...otherwise they might as well change the name to RapeCraft. :-t what's sad is that i will buy them all regardless of the price

yeah that was my concern, and I'm with you I will be buying them all regardless. I would guess 25-30 a pop, I think i'll start with Terran as it was my best race in SC1. As far as the online play goes, I would assume you'd only need 1 of the 3 in order to play.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Very smart move by Blizzard. Rumor has it the Terran Campaign was the closest to being finished too. This makes a spring 2009 release very realistic now.

Some diehards hate this move but I'm happy. 25-30+ missions per campaign? That's all the original SC was combined basically which is a TON of content. I think we're going to be blown away with what Blizzard has in store for us. Can't wait. I would think Blizzard would put a $50 price for the first and then 20 or 30 for the following games. They really should just release the following 2 as expansions, not stand alone games.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 pm

SniperShot wrote:Very smart move by Blizzard. Rumor has it the Terran Campaign was the closest to being finished too. This makes a spring 2009 release very realistic now.

Some diehards hate this move but I'm happy. 25-30+ missions per campaign? That's all the original SC was combined basically which is a TON of content. I think we're going to be blown away with what Blizzard has in store for us. Can't wait. I would think Blizzard would put a $50 price for the first and then 20 or 30 for the following games. They really should just release the following 2 as expansions, not stand alone games.

I'm thinking that is probably what they would do. Kind of like what they did with BroodWar IIRC...original game $50, then release the expansions (or separate campaigns w/e) at $20-30.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:14 am

I can't wait for this and Diablo 3! One of my regular customers at work is working at Blizzard and he mentioned that they give employees copies of new games to give out as "gifts". So i'll make sure to stay on his good side. ;-D
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 08, 2009 2:23 pm

FYI you can sign up for a chance to participate in Beta at Battlenet
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:FYI you can sign up for a chance to participate in Beta at Battlenet

Yep, I signed up right away though I doubt I'll have a shot at anything but the last open beta if anything.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:35 pm

I'll be participating in the Beta for sure. I'll make sure to give some thoughts here for you guys who are interested! Whenever it actually gets going. :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:28 pm

SniperShot wrote:I'll be participating in the Beta for sure. I'll make sure to give some thoughts here for you guys who are interested! Whenever it actually gets going. :-)

do you have some sort of inside track?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games