Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Starcraft 2 to be announced May 19th

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I'll be participating in the Beta for sure. I'll make sure to give some thoughts here for you guys who are interested! Whenever it actually gets going. :-)

do you have some sort of inside track?

That's what I was wondering, if you do hook me up :-b Otherwise unless its their last open beta, generally blizzard betas are difficult to get into.

I've beta tested over 20 diff games and blizzard seems to be by far the hardest.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Blizzard is definitely one of the hardest I agree.

The only thing you can do is go to battle.net and sign up that you want to "opted-in" which will put your name into a pool for them to select from.

And yes I have an inside track. I got pretty damn good at original starcraft and ended up getting noticed by the right people. It opened up a few, shall we say, insider opportunities with getting into the beta for Sc2. I only have 2 keys though so no ways to hook any of you guys up. I would if I could though! :-)

They gave out keys to everyone who attended "Blizzcon" last year too which is like the Blizzard convention they have in Cali every year.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:39 am

SniperShot wrote:Blizzard is definitely one of the hardest I agree.

The only thing you can do is go to battle.net and sign up that you want to "opted-in" which will put your name into a pool for them to select from.

And yes I have an inside track. I got pretty damn good at original starcraft and ended up getting noticed by the right people. It opened up a few, shall we say, insider opportunities with getting into the beta for Sc2. I only have 2 keys though so no ways to hook any of you guys up. I would if I could though! :-)

They gave out keys to everyone who attended "Blizzcon" last year too which is like the Blizzard convention they have in Cali every year.

lucky :-b I'd better at least see frequent beta updates (of course without breaking the terms they have of releasing info) ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:01 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Blizzard is definitely one of the hardest I agree.

lucky :-b I'd better at least see frequent beta updates (of course without breaking the terms they have of releasing info) ;-D

x2

yeah i signed up as well, doubt i'll get in, but i have a lower end PC so maybe. doubt i'd have enough time to play much right now anyway :,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 pm

well this shouldn't be a shock to anyone

http://kotaku.com/5330873/starcraft-ii- ... ed-to-2010

not that it is a bad thing and at least we get a maybe realease window (maybe)
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 pm

logan wrote:well this shouldn't be a shock to anyone

http://kotaku.com/5330873/starcraft-ii- ... ed-to-2010

not that it is a bad thing and at least we get a maybe realease window (maybe)

That's blizzard for you, I guess it's better they take their time and put out a quality product like they always do.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 am

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 pm

rumors among original starcraft communities right now is beta in late November with a full release in April-May 2010.

Could be totally random lies or could be halfway correct. Some dude claimed he ran into Dustin Browder leaving Blizzcon and Browder told him it would be late November. Whatever, frankly I'm sick of all the rumors and guessing games.

I can't believe it's been 2 and a half years since they announced it.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 pm

SniperShot wrote:rumors among original starcraft communities right now is beta in late November with a full release in April-May 2010.

Could be totally random lies or could be halfway correct. Some dude claimed he ran into Dustin Browder leaving Blizzcon and Browder told him it would be late November. Whatever, frankly I'm sick of all the rumors and guessing games.

I can't believe it's been 2 and a half years since they announced it.

Now now, let's remember that blizz is strapped for cash. 10-15 million a month from WoW doesn't hire many developers. And if the way they roll out WoW patches is any indication, they're obviously understaffed and have no QA department.

Sometimes I wonder if blizz is a few guys working in a garage. I guess the way they do business may please the stockholders, which is what matters.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

hehehe they are so poor, I mean look at the dump of an HQ they have:

Blizzard HQ

What recession? :-b :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games