madden curse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

madden curse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TommyZND » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:33 pm

dgan wrote:Tennessee better trade up for Brady Quinn....

Exactly. Then maybe go for Victor Abiamiri 2nd round, Ryan Harris in the 3rd round, Darius Walker in the 4th,MAYBE get Dan Santucci in th 5th, Rhema Mcknight in the 6th (Rhema will get Vince to another probowl), and end up with project TE Marcus Freeman in the 7th. Hopefully Nedu Ndukwe will go underdrafted so the Titans can sign him after the draft is over. :-°

But yeah Vince Young did have a good year I just don't think he was a great canidate for protecting Madden from the Curse. They're alot of other guys who been solid for alot of years that i think deserve the spot.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:50 am

Vince Young will not be on any of my dynasty teams this year.

There's the curse, of course, and there's also the fact that he's wildly overrated. I would definitely NOT rank him in the top 10 QBs, but I've seen him taken as early as 4th QB in mock drafts.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:14 am

Felix the Cat wrote:Vince Young will not be on any of my dynasty teams this year.

There's the curse, of course, and there's also the fact that he's wildly overrated. I would definitely NOT rank him in the top 10 QBs, but I've seen him taken as early as 4th QB in mock drafts.

Consider he probably would not have been ROY if that Giants Dlineman doesn't let go of him...that gave him the big highlight and big win that really put him in the spotlight.

Leinart had far better passing numbers, the Saints probably don't even make the playoffs if Colston doesn't have the year he had, and MJD had 16 freakin' TDS!!!! Throw in Bush, Maroney, and Hester, and you have to wonder if Young is even a top 5 rookie if the Titans don't miraculously win 8 games.

I think he'll be good for the Titans, but I think he's hugely over-hyped both as a fantasy and NFL QB. And now, with the curse...it's all over...

Poor guy.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Curse Strategy

Postby DraftDodger » Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm

I think the manufacturer finally took the Madden Curse seriously and put someone on the cover who nobody would miss ...
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 01, 2007 7:39 pm

TommyZND wrote: The only really smart decison for the cover they have had yet is Ray Lewis. He's and NFL icon, and who the hells going to injure Ray?
Ray was just on it a couple years ago and he got injured and missed most of the season... ;-7
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby pokeyjoe » Tue May 01, 2007 8:48 pm

Maybe the EA Sports guys intentionally pick people they think will have a bad year and stick them on the cover, not the other way around.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 pm

I was never really a believer of the curst until last year with Alexander.

Young tears his ACL week 2.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Wed May 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Maybe putting a rookie on the cover will break the cursed curse...
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby treat24 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:Maybe putting a rookie on the cover will break the cursed curse...

yes, cuz rookies are infallible ... hehe... i think they picked him cuz we don't have much to base a bad year on... if he doesn't get injured... anything he does could be considered growing pains or just the way vince plays
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Curse Strategy

Postby aaawall91 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:24 pm

DraftDodger wrote:I think the manufacturer finally took the Madden Curse seriously and put someone on the cover who nobody would miss ...

Touche. :-b
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk