madden curse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

madden curse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: madden curse

Postby benb18a » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:46 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Goody wrote:The madden curse is stupid! With all the injuries this season, more than half of the stars in the league could have been on the cover and we would have said Madden Curse! This is the NFL and injuries happen. Not because someone is on the cover of Madden.

I wouldn't mess with curses that have proven track records.

Even if there is no such thing as a curse, you have to look at the results. Even if it is pure coincidence, that coincidental tendency is enough to make me shy away. Last season was my first as a FF player, and when I did my first draft I didn't even really know about the Madden curse. I ended up taking SA 2nd overall, with LT going 3rd :~( That team ended up 11-3; imagine if I had learned about the Madden curse before hand.

I have a logical, scientific mind, and I have the thought process that once is luck, twice is coincidence, and thrice is ulterior motive/outside influence. So I wonder what this is; I believe we're now into the 10th year, and no Madden cover player has A. had a normal season after gracing the cover, or B. never been the same in years following(read: Eddie George). !+)

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Munboy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:00 am

Took somebody long enough to bring this up. I thought about it when VY first pulled up lame.

On a dark lit tour bus, Madden is standing over a cauldrin full of eyes of newt, spider legs, frog guts, Bret Favre piss, and a single cleat....laughing evilly. MEWHAHAHAHAHAH!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk