Larry Fitzgerald to cnc! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Larry Fitzgerald to cnc!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Larry Fitzgerald to cnc!

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Ok I tried a few different blending options with a couple colors What do you all think?
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Awesome!! And since he is my favorite player. I demand you to give me the codes. :-b

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:57 pm

That is a really cool sig, and the only thing I don't like is the font. Nice Job. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:41 pm

Def. our best yet. I would suggest you try using some stocks though. Just get some stock photos and puth them on different blending options above your background.

I like Linear Dodge and Screen. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:53 pm

i absolutely love that sig boehler ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:20 pm

mrblitz wrote:Awesome!! And since he is my favorite player. I demand you to give me the codes. :-b

I havent sized it for the web yet and I'm on the laptop so I cant do it right now but as soon as I get the desktop back from my brat kid I'll post the code for you...Glad you liked it!
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby m16a » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:29 pm

Well, generally I'm not good at art, but I've been keeping an eye on your progress, and I would like to say a few things.
First, the sig is very very good. Second, its by far your best sig yet.
third, you're drastically improving and I'm glad to have many contributors in many ways to the cafe! My two cents on things. Great job!
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:32 pm

m16a wrote:Well, generally I'm not good at art, but I've been keeping an eye on your progress, and I would like to say a few things.
First, the sig is very very good. Second, its by far your best sig yet.
third, you're drastically improving and I'm glad to have many contributors in many ways to the cafe! My two cents on things. Great job!

yeah, it's been cool watching your progression... very good stuff boehler... i'm horrible at graphics... but i enjoy looking at all the great artists work the cafe displays... ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:45 pm

wow....nice work man. great pic selection for a sig, nice placement. solid lighting, especially since this is the first time ive seen you use it. good use of the black gradient on the right side.

text needs some work, and the background effects need to be softened a bit, they are pretty rigid. other than that....solid work man.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:30 pm

First of all...Thanks for the props guys! Honestly I think that the reason I have kept at this is because we have such a GREAT bunch of guys here at the cafe...ALWAYS willing to help a beginner out and honest about what they think looks good or just looks like trash...When I ask a question I have always gotten some response and that is very HUGE in my book...Thank you all for the help!

On a side note...Delux the black gradent is actually 3 layers set at different opacity...I wouldn't have a clue how to set a gradent in there..The lighting is pretty much what I was TRYING to do with my vinny sig from the contest..I just didn't get it right the first time...How do I soften the BG effects? maybe make another layer copy and change the blending styles on it?? What would you suggest?
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off