Rules and Settings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

Rules and Settings

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:27 am

mattb47 wrote:I would really really prefer .5 PPR to 1 PPR because 1 PPR has always seemed to put far too much an emphasis on receptions. I don't believe that 1 reception should be equal to 10 yds, just puts too much value there I think. I like giving something for receptions, however, and so .5 ppr is what I prefer.

This too was my reason for .5 over 1 ;-D

Again I would complain if we went with 1 but it looks like we may be leaning toward .5 :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue May 15, 2007 9:43 am

I have no problem with 0.5, but prefer 1.

But if the majority wants 0.5, I am totally cool with that. ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:02 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I have no problem with 0.5, but prefer 1.

Any particular reason you prefer 1 ppr?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue May 15, 2007 1:15 pm

mattb47 wrote:

I feel that it adds additional strategy to the draft process, as well as evening the gap between RB and WR some. I don't feel that 0.5 impacts it enough that WR "Catch up" in any way.

What I feel is an as close to absolutly even scoring/lineup system as possible is as follows:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DST (or IDP), and a Utility (start any position).

TD = 6 points
10 yards rush or rec = 1 point
25 yards passing = 1 point
Turnovers = -3 points
Receptions = 1 point

I've playing in this system for a few years in one league or another, and it started with a national league I was in. Many people think that it favots QB a ton. It really isn't so. It's very even. Hard to believe that if you've never played in it, I know.

I know that not many people hop on board with that system. But, I feel that one of the most important parts of it is the PPR. I enjoy the evening effect and the strategy that it provides.

Regardless, like I said, I won't hold up anything to change that. ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed May 16, 2007 5:15 am

Same here. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby mattb47 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:30 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

I feel that it adds additional strategy to the draft process, as well as evening the gap between RB and WR some. I don't feel that 0.5 impacts it enough that WR "Catch up" in any way.

What I feel is an as close to absolutly even scoring/lineup system as possible is as follows:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DST (or IDP), and a Utility (start any position).

TD = 6 points
10 yards rush or rec = 1 point
25 yards passing = 1 point
Turnovers = -3 points
Receptions = 1 point

I've playing in this system for a few years in one league or another, and it started with a national league I was in. Many people think that it favots QB a ton. It really isn't so. It's very even. Hard to believe that if you've never played in it, I know.

I know that not many people hop on board with that system. But, I feel that one of the most important parts of it is the PPR. I enjoy the evening effect and the strategy that it provides.

Regardless, like I said, I won't hold up anything to change that. ;-D

Yea, I've always just felt that it really overvalues possession WRs and gives a HUGE boost to receiving RBs whereas .5 gives possession WRs more validity but doesn't necessarily make them quite as valuable (which is how most actual possession WRs are as far as importance to their team in the actual NFL) and receiving RBs get a boost but it's not to the point at which they dominate the RBs.

Just a preference on my part but I do like .5 much better.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:26 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:I have no problem with 1/25 and 6TD for QB
I prefer .5 PPR but would not complain with 1pt

Same here. ;-D

ditto. ;-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed May 23, 2007 7:04 am

We should get this piece rolling! ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:31 am

Hey Matt...I just editted what I think was an error in your original post. It was in this part:

Matt wrote:Length of contract:

Each player can be signed to a contract of anywhere between 1 and 5 years. Once you sign a player to a contract, you must honor the remainder of the contract agreement or cut that player and take the appropriate cap hit. Here is how much it costs to sign your draft picks to the number of years (1-5) that you would like to sign them for:

The 1st sentence said "between 1 and 4 years" before I changed it to 5. 4 was a misprint, correct? Later on it says "number of years (1-5)", and the % increase is given for years 1-5 so I figured that "1-4" in that 1st sentence was incorrect. Please let me know if the correction I made was correct. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 am

I have a couple of questions.

1. I assume that one players contract just ends, they become a free agent. Is this correct?

2. Is free agency an auction process?

3. How will players "Choose" what offer to take?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League