Rules and Settings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Defunct Dynasty League

Rules and Settings

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 am

Also, can you front load a contract?

For example... y1-8m, y2-7m, y3-4m, y4-2m, y5-1m


?
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:20 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Also, can you front load a contract?

For example... y1-8m, y2-7m, y3-4m, y4-2m, y5-1m


?


Yes

mattb47 wrote:Then eventually what you'll need to do is fill in the chart on the right that has how much you'll pay each player for each year of the contract. The contract can either stay the same each year, increase in value each year, or decrease in value each year, but it cannot go up and down (i.e. Year 1 - $5 mil, Year 2 - $4 mil, Year 3 - $5 mil is not a legal contract). If you have values filled in for the correct amount of years and they add up to the correct amount total then the column on the far right will say "TRUE" otherwise it will say "FALSE".
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:30 am

dream_017 wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:Also, can you front load a contract?

For example... y1-8m, y2-7m, y3-4m, y4-2m, y5-1m


?


Yes

mattb47 wrote:Then eventually what you'll need to do is fill in the chart on the right that has how much you'll pay each player for each year of the contract. The contract can either stay the same each year, increase in value each year, or decrease in value each year, but it cannot go up and down (i.e. Year 1 - $5 mil, Year 2 - $4 mil, Year 3 - $5 mil is not a legal contract). If you have values filled in for the correct amount of years and they add up to the correct amount total then the column on the far right will say "TRUE" otherwise it will say "FALSE".


Thanks dream, I missed that.


Did I miss the free agency rules too? O:-)
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:06 am

The Balanced Man wrote:[
Did I miss the free agency rules too? O:-)


Maybe :-b

Rules wrote:Re-signing players:

To resign a player after their contract has run out, the base salary will be the average of the top 5 highest paid players at that position. If you choose not to resign a player, they will be up for free agency bidding after the rookie draft.


This is the best I can find, but I am sure we will incorporate some of your suggestions, so that may or may not impact some of this process. ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 am

dream_017 wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:[
Did I miss the free agency rules too? O:-)


Maybe :-b

Rules wrote:Re-signing players:

To resign a player after their contract has run out, the base salary will be the average of the top 5 highest paid players at that position. If you choose not to resign a player, they will be up for free agency bidding after the rookie draft.


This is the best I can find, but I am sure we will incorporate some of your suggestions, so that may or may not impact some of this process. ;-D



Hmmm, that make make the whole franchise tag I suggested useless. 8-o
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby madaslives911 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 am

for trades done during the ongoing draft, how do we handle the computation of the salary if 1 player was traded in exchange for 2 players considering that the salary is based on the round where the player was drafted? like in my case, i traded travis henry who i drafted in the 2nd round, and in return i got Peyton Manning and Terry Glenn.
Image
Image
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8183
Joined: 1 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: State of Nirvana

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:29 am

madaslives911 wrote:for trades done during the ongoing draft, how do we handle the computation of the salary if 1 player was traded in exchange for 2 players considering that the salary is based on the round where the player was drafted? like in my case, i traded travis henry who i drafted in the 2nd round, and in return i got Peyton Manning and Terry Glenn.



Matt will confirm, but I think you both end up paying the players the same amount as the round they were drafted in. So you would pay Peyton 3rd round $$ & Glenn 8th round $$, while m16a will pay Henry 2nd round $$.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:46 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
madaslives911 wrote:for trades done during the ongoing draft, how do we handle the computation of the salary if 1 player was traded in exchange for 2 players considering that the salary is based on the round where the player was drafted? like in my case, i traded travis henry who i drafted in the 2nd round, and in return i got Peyton Manning and Terry Glenn.



Matt will confirm, but I think you both end up paying the players the same amount as the round they were drafted in. So you would pay Peyton 3rd round $$ & Glenn 8th round $$, while m16a will pay Henry 2nd round $$.


Yes, all that matters is where the players were drafted.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Hey Matt. Are we having any points for passes defensed for the IDP's? :-?
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby Kilroy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:19 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Hey Matt. Are we having any points for passes defensed for the IDP's? :-?


I just checked the scoring and didn't see that listed.

I can't say I'd be in favor of adding it at this point either. Scoring changes could have a significant impact on draft strategy, so once the draft's begun they shouldn't be made in my opinion.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:50 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact