Rules and Settings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

Rules and Settings

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: Rules and Settings

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 am

Kilroy wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I edited the OP to include the Roster Expansion Rule as it was passed. Sorry I hadn't done that before. :-/

I agree with flots that it's probably a good idea to stay at 35 (or 36, leaving "space" for the rookies) through FA, as that was pretty much the rule's intent, but as passed all it really says is you have 40 roster spots until 8/28, at which time you have to cut to 35.

Definitely. We all should have to stay at 35 players max throughout FA. The roster expansion rule was meant for the rookie draft only. I forgot to mention this before but "40" should be taken out of the rules. There can't be an exact limit to the # a roster will expand to because someone could end up with 8 draft picks in 2010. This person would have his 35 (or up to 37 with the 2 IR spots we can have) + those 8 draft picks for a total roster size of 43...to be cut down to 35 before the season starts. I never intended to mess with the 35 max roster limit...except to expand the roster to include our rookies. So please, everyone keep their roster sizes to 35. Does anyone have anyone on IR? I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. ;-D

I don't have any problem with keeping rosters at a 35 veteran "max", but I still think there needs to be some sort of total maximum that applies to all teams. I don't think that a team should be able to trade players for picks, re-fill roster slots back to 35 in FA, and then be able to keep two or three (or whatever) additional players on their roster through the end of August. Whether that means "bumping" the max or whatever I dunno, but I think there does need to be a max.

Just my .02, and should the rest of y'all feel diffrently then whatever, as they say, is clever. ;-D

It should be: 35 roster + your draft picks. That's all any roster will expand by during the offseason. I don't think we can put a max # on it because we're allowed to trade draft picks. Most people will have 35 + their 4 draft picks. Others might have 5 draft picks or more. So the rule should be 35 player max all the time...and expand for the rookie draft only. ;-D

PS: That's what it's been all along. We just passed the rule allowing the rosters to expand for the rookie draft. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby madaslives911 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 am

bueno... es claro... no problemo! B-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Question:

Is there a free agency period in the offseason?

It states nothing about it in the rules, but looking at 2008's free agency thread it appeared to have activity in May...

I'm just trying to gauge where I am with cap...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 am

aaawall91 wrote:Question:

Is there a free agency period in the offseason?

It states nothing about it in the rules, but looking at 2008's free agency thread it appeared to have activity in May...

I'm just trying to gauge where I am with cap...

We'll be having FA bidding starting 6/22 according to the 2nd post in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=434742

All of the 2008 FA bidding threads have been condensed to make the forum less cluttered. You can see them here if you want to see how the process will work.

viewtopic.php?t=437023

To outbid someone you need to either raise the average yearly salary or the number of years in the contract. We'll explain more before we get started. It's not that hard once you see it in action. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat May 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Can you anti-franchise a guy with the NTC and not have to take the cap hit? I can't remember... :-?

Edit: I want to AF Sanders, and probably will be doing it anyway, but I'm just trying to figure out the math, etc...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun May 16, 2010 5:48 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Can you anti-franchise a guy with the NTC and not have to take the cap hit? I can't remember... :-?

Edit: I want to AF Sanders, and probably will be doing it anyway, but I'm just trying to figure out the math, etc...

Dream will confirm, but I'm 99.9% sure that the NTC "cap hit" only applies when that player is traded. I think if you AFT a player, it's a free cut with no penalties. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:16 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Can you anti-franchise a guy with the NTC and not have to take the cap hit? I can't remember... :-?

Dream will confirm, but I'm 99.9% sure that the NTC "cap hit" only applies when that player is traded. I think if you AFT a player, it's a free cut with no penalties. ;-D

That should be added to rules if true ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

OK, I'll wait until Dream gives the official "OK"...

FantasyMan13 wrote:That should be added to rules if true ;-D

x2 ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:38 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

FantasyMan13 wrote:That should be added to rules if true ;-D

x2 ;-D

Confirmed, you can Anti-Franchise a NTC without taking a cap hit
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 pm

dream_017 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Confirmed, you can Anti-Franchise a NTC without taking a cap hit

Good deal, thanks man! I went ahead and posted it so I wouldn't be holding up the show anymore ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League