Troy Brown for Portis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Troy Brown for Portis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Troy Brown for Portis?

Postby B. » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:12 pm

My league has an extra wr/rb slot, and I have Portis in it right now, with S.Davis and S.Alexander as my starting RB's. Someone wants to trade me Troy Brown for Portis.. I'm considering it, as Brown's numbers are predictable, but Portis could be this years L. Domlinson? What do you think?
B.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:17 pm

Need more info... Do you have any other RBs? I'd hate to be stuck with only two RBs, because if one of your regulars gets injured... You're toast.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:19 pm

If it was me I would probably do it.Look at it this way: Troy Brown is Tom Brady's favorite target,their No. 1 receiver.Portis was originally the #3 back coming into pre-season.Anderson moved to fullback,Davis retired,by default,Portis falls into the #1 spot.Imagine his luck?!I just wouldn't take a huge chance on him because Denver still has a crowded backfield.You never know if Anderson could move back to HB,or Olandis Gary could stepup.You never know.So I would just say that Brown is the safer option.BUT,if you are a risk-taker in fantasy sports,you like to take a chance on someone that has the talent to breakout,then yes,Portis could end up being the Tomlinson of 2002.There's a chance,but that's a big chance your going to have to take if you want Portis.
n_tremain23

Postby B. » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:23 pm

Stacy Mack is on my bench.. if he counts.... Also, my receiver core is suspect, they could put up solid numbers but that's a big question mark. I could use Brown. Jimmy Smith(holding out), Terry Glenn(inconsistent), and Marty Booker. My bench has Dwayne Bates(could post modest numbers opposite Moss) and Bobby Shaw(insurance for Smith's hold out).
B.

Friendliness: %

Postby Riggo » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:27 pm

I wouldn't trade until after week 1. I know you are looking good at the RB position right now but if someone goes down Portis woule be a good backup. There are quite a few receivers that will emerge and probably out produce Troy Brown this year. Receivers are much more plentiful. If your WR corp is really hurting I would do the trade but if you have a few solid WR. Hold onto Portis.

Good Luck.
Riggo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk