kenny irons?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

kenny irons??

Moderator: Football Moderators

kenny irons??

Postby sammyj1404 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:57 pm

i really like our first pick getting leon hall from michigan. he was mel kiper's 8th or 9th best player in the draft, and luckily he fell to us at 18. but im really questioning picking kenny irons. not only are we solid with rudi, but we just signed kenny watson to be our 3rd down back. we basically told watson that he is good enough to be our 3rd down back and now we go out and get another one. i can understand if they are trying to get an every-down RB incase something happens to Rudi, but who drafts like that in the 2nd round?? we have many other holes (esp. on defense) that we need filled before we take a backup RB. i think i would have rather had crowder out of texas
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: kenny irons??

Postby LJ's Crush » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:36 pm

sammyj1404 wrote:i really like our first pick getting leon hall from michigan. he was mel kiper's 8th or 9th best player in the draft, and luckily he fell to us at 18. but im really questioning picking kenny irons. not only are we solid with rudi, but we just signed kenny watson to be our 3rd down back. we basically told watson that he is good enough to be our 3rd down back and now we go out and get another one. i can understand if they are trying to get an every-down RB incase something happens to Rudi, but who drafts like that in the 2nd round?? we have many other holes (esp. on defense) that we need filled before we take a backup RB. i think i would have rather had crowder out of texas

100% agree very stupid pick also if they were going to take a qb why din't they take jordan palmer it would have been cool to have carson's brother on the team
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:33 pm

After all those defensive players went, you can't really pass on an Auburn back...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:45 pm

I really like it actually. I think a Rudi/Irons 1-2 punch will be awesome. What I didn't like is how we drafted 0 LBs.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby sammyj1404 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:31 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:I really like it actually. I think a Rudi/Irons 1-2 punch will be awesome. What I didn't like is how we drafted 0 LBs.

i agree that it would be a good 1-2 punch, but i just think we had other holes to fill. and it will also be a bad pick if for some reason perry stays healthy or we can't trade him.

as for the 0 LB picks, the only explanation i have for that is we must be pretty close to getting hartwell. i also have a really weird feeling that odell is coming back and they are just trying to keep it on the down-low. has anyone heard anything about him?
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:19 am

We hit our biggest needs in the draft by grabbing a 1st rd CB, and then a FS and SS as well as a d-lineman.

Going no LBs is a little scary, but everything i have read has had Ahmad Brooks looking VERY good. If he steps in to the middle and plays like he did in his first two starts last year, I think we will be in pretty good shape there.

I thought Irons was a good pick.
Perry has been a bust. He cant stay healthy at all, and we do need somebody other than Watson as a backup. Sure Watson is a good 3rd down RB, but if Rudi were to get hurt, he can't handle the full load.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:09 pm

Flux wrote:We hit our biggest needs in the draft by grabbing a 1st rd CB, and then a FS and SS as well as a d-lineman.

Going no LBs is a little scary, but everything i have read has had Ahmad Brooks looking VERY good. If he steps in to the middle and plays like he did in his first two starts last year, I think we will be in pretty good shape there.

I thought Irons was a good pick.
Perry has been a bust. He cant stay healthy at all, and we do need somebody other than Watson as a backup. Sure Watson is a good 3rd down RB, but if Rudi were to get hurt, he can't handle the full load.

Exactly. I think Caleb will have to play an increased role and we should be good at LB. I still would like us to sign someone a vet LB because we are so young there. I wouldn't have minded seeing us trading up in the 2nd for Branch, but I don't know if that would even be feasible. I really like our draft though for the first time in awhile.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby levittator31 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:06 pm

sammyj1404 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:I really like it actually. I think a Rudi/Irons 1-2 punch will be awesome. What I didn't like is how we drafted 0 LBs.

i agree that it would be a good 1-2 punch, but i just think we had other holes to fill. and it will also be a bad pick if for some reason perry stays healthy or we can't trade him.

as for the 0 LB picks, the only explanation i have for that is we must be pretty close to getting hartwell. i also have a really weird feeling that odell is coming back and they are just trying to keep it on the down-low. has anyone heard anything about him?

Why wouldn't he come back? It was a one year suspension, not a life time ban, right?. If they were going to cut him, they probably would've done it when the suspension was first put out. But why would they keep it on the DL? It's good news!
Go Bengals, NY Giants, Raptors, Blue Jays, Nationals, Wizards, Maple Leafs, Ohio State Football and Basketball, and U Dayton Basketball!
levittator31
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Tue May 01, 2007 4:10 pm

levittator31 wrote:
sammyj1404 wrote:

Why wouldn't he come back? It was a one year suspension, not a life time ban, right?. If they were going to cut him, they probably would've done it when the suspension was first put out. But why would they keep it on the DL? It's good news!

Because it leaves open the possibility of trading him.

I think we wanted to see how he behaved before making any sort of decision. He did not do a very good job of this to start things off, but then sort of disappeared.

I think w/ the new rules taking place where a team can be punished for players actions, Odell may be gone. We can't keep tons of potential problems on this team and somebody is going to have to take a fall.

Personally, i would prefer to get rid of Henry and keep Odell, but I dont know if that is the case. Odell has not been on Marvins good side for quite some time.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Tue May 01, 2007 4:47 pm

I think Irons was an Ok pick. They certainly could use all the RB depth they can get.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Cincinnati Bengals