NFL draft day 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

NFL draft day 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL draft day 1

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:07 pm

The good:
-drafting Anthony Spencer, who Mel Kiper said is his prediction for NFL defensive rookie of the year
-Obtaining Cleveland's 08 1st rounder which could be top ten

gay ESPN wrote:Spencer is an explosive up-the-field player who has excellent initial quickness and closes well once he turns the corner, so he should make an immediate impact rushing the passer. He's also big and tough enough to develop into an effective run stopper. However, he may not be athletic enough to develop into an every-down outside linebacker.

The bad:
-They had to give up an early 2nd, 3rd, and 5th for Phillys 26th overall pick

Undecided:
-3rd rd pick James Marten, OT, Boston College :-?

Thoughts? Happy or upset for the most part?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:40 pm

They start the draft with:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7.

The end the draft with:

1 (same value even though they dropped 4 spots)
3, 4, 4, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7 (and an 08 1st rounder)

So basically, they gave a 5th rounder and dropped about 15 spots from the 3rd to the 4th so that they could get another 1st rounder next year.

Well, that looks good in itself, but if they would have sat pat after one trade, it would have been much better IMO. ;-D

That said, I think that Joe Staley would have been much better value in the 1st round, or even Grubbs, but oh well, I guess the professionals like what they see in Spencer. ;-D

And I like the fact that they went for the OLine in the third, but I have no clue on how good the guys is. Overall, ;-D

Could have been better had they not been so trigger-happy though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:26 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:They start the draft with:

The end the draft with:

So basically, they gave a 5th rounder and dropped about 15 spots from the 3rd to the 4th so that they could get another 1st rounder next year.

Well, that looks good in itself, but if they would have sat pat after one trade, it would have been much better IMO. ;-D

That said, I think that Joe Staley would have been much better value in the 1st round, or even Grubbs, but oh well, I guess the professionals like what they see in Spencer. ;-D

And I like the fact that they went for the OLine in the third, but I have no clue on how good the guys is. Overall, ;-D

They wouldn't have got the player they wanted had they stayed pat. Spencer was the pick at 22 so getting him at 26 is great. We didn't really lose much and we gained possibly a top 5 pick next year. THAT'S AWESOME!!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Leber » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:45 pm

We could have had Brady Quinn :~(
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:41 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:They start the draft with:

The end the draft with:

They wouldn't have got the player they wanted had they stayed pat. Spencer was the pick at 22 so getting him at 26 is great. We didn't really lose much and we gained possibly a top 5 pick next year. THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Yeah, overall, I really like the moves and the results (especially since we drafted 2 OLinemen and a QB/WR in the later rounds) but I thought it could have been better to keep their 2nd rounder. who knows though. I just didn't see LB as a huge need or anything. Nothing like the DB's that we could use.

Either way, I would have to grade the Boys draft with an A right now. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Leber wrote:We could have had Brady Quinn :~(

I am actually glad we didn't take Quinn.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Leber » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:47 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:

I have mixed feeling about it. I think it really depends on who we get with the Browns first rounder next year though.
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:49 pm

:-°

So glad we at least took a shot at a kicker. Hopefully it turns out to be worth something. ;-D

Gramatica scares me. :-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Leber wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

I have mixed feeling about it. I think it really depends on who we get with the Browns first rounder next year though.

Why would we take a QB in the first round? It wouldn't have made sense. And they made a GREAT trade. That first next year is going to be top 10 at the very least. They apparently are already thinking McFadden with that pick. And he would be a great player to replace JJ.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Draft good

Postby NWcowboy9 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:14 pm

I grade the draft a B+, next years draft could be awesome!!
NWcowboy9
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Dallas Cowboys