NFL draft day 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

NFL draft day 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue May 01, 2007 6:03 pm

In Ireland on vacation. The beer has kept me from the computer for a couple of days. Just saw the results. Love the Browns trade but it seems like we gave up a lot to Philly for the 26th.

Overall I am very happy with the results. We already shored up most of our needs via FA and picked up several players who will help us down the line.

Hope the Browns suck this year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Jimboozie » Tue May 01, 2007 6:38 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:In Ireland on vacation. The beer has kept me from the computer for a couple of days. Just saw the results. Love the Browns trade but it seems like we gave up a lot to Philly for the 26th.

Overall I am very happy with the results. We already shored up most of our needs via FA and picked up several players who will help us down the line.

Awesome! How is Ireland? I've always wanted to go there.

The trade with the Eagles wasn't that bad from a pick value standpoint. Eagles had a slight edge but I love what Mort kept saying about how the Eagles will regret making this trade if Spencer is getting pressure on McNabb all day.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed May 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:In Ireland on vacation. The beer has kept me from the computer for a couple of days. Just saw the results. Love the Browns trade but it seems like we gave up a lot to Philly for the 26th.

Awesome! How is Ireland? I've always wanted to go there.

The trade with the Eagles wasn't that bad from a pick value standpoint. Eagles had a slight edge but I love what Mort kept saying about how the Eagles will regret making this trade if Spencer is getting pressure on McNabb all day.

Very green. Beautiful to say the least. We are staying at a number of bed and breakfasts and the owner of the one I'm at just said football was on so I went down to take a gander and its freakin soccer. I think I offended him when I said "this isn't football this is soccer."

I agree. Time will tell but I think overall we made a couple of bold but great moves. Our D should be better. O will be the same if not slightly better. Easier schedule. I like our chances.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby NWcowboy9 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Does the Anthony Spencer pick mean Ellis's Days are numbered. or do they believe he can fully recover!!
NWcowboy9
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu May 10, 2007 8:34 pm

NWcowboy9 wrote:Does the Anthony Spencer pick mean Ellis's Days are numbered. or do they believe he can fully recover!!

I doubt he gets a full load, but I do think that he will play again and be effective next year. However, Spencer can play on the line or linebacker as well as Bobby Carpenter possibly, so there are lots of options. Potentially we could have a defense that has:

2 linemen
1 LB playing lineman
4 linebackers
2 CB's
1 Safety
1 Safety LB hybrid (between Ken Hamlin and Roy Williams)

That's a nice little arsenal to have. Very flexible. :-) ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Dallas Cowboys