Day 1 Draft Recap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Day 1 Draft Recap

Moderator: Football Moderators

Day 1 Draft Recap

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:18 pm

Jets were very agressive today moving up in both the 1st and 2nd rounds to select Darrelle Revis (CB, Pitt) and David Harris (ILB, Mich).

I think we added two quality players to our defense plus Revis is an oustanding punt returner.

Hopefully we can trade off McCareins and Barton before Day 2 for some additional picks but I doubt it happens.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:46 pm

David Harris Vitals:

Round 2 — David Harris, ILB, Michigan, 6'2", 239

Agility Tests

Campus: 4.66 seconds in the 40. ... 355-pound bench press. ... 30¾" arm length. ... 9 1/8" hands. Combine: 4.59 in the 40. ... 33" vertical jump. … 8'11" broad jump. ... 7.25-second three-cone drill. ... Benched 225 pounds 23 times.

High School

Attended Ottawa Hills (Grand Rapids, Mich.) H.S., playing football for head coach Jerry Dutcher. ... First-team all-state selection by Detroit Free Press as senior linebacker. … Ranked sixth on Detroit News Blue Chip list and was named to its Dream Team. … Rated No. 13 player on Mick McCabe's Fab 50 of Michigan's top college football prospects list and rated No. 35 player in Midwest by SuperPrep magazine. … Three-star prospect and No. 23 inside linebacker by Rivals100.com, and rated No. 48 player in Midwest by Prep Football Report. … Two-year starter at linebacker. ... Recorded 295 career tackles, including 16 sacks and 14 stops behind the line of scrimmage. … On offense, rushed for 734 yards and 15 touchdowns in his career. … Set school records for solo tackles in season (114) and career (225). … Registered 140 tackles and 12 stops for losses as senior and set school single-season record with 158 tackles his junior year. … Also played fullback as senior, as he ran for 565 yards and nine touchdowns. … Competed in track and field as a junior.

Personal

General studies major, enrolled in College of Literature, Science and the Arts. … Born David Charles Harris on Jan. 21, 1984. … Resides in Grand Rapids, Mich.

"He was an all-over-the-field, complete player last year," draft analyst Mel Kiper said on ESPN after the pick. "He's one of the better picks of the draft for where a guy was rated and where he ended up being selected."
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Day 1 Draft Recap

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 01, 2007 3:37 am

killiansjmd wrote:Jets were very agressive today moving up in both the 1st and 2nd rounds to select Darrelle Revis (CB, Pitt) and David Harris (ILB, Mich).

I think we added two quality players to our defense plus Revis is an oustanding punt returner.

Hopefully we can trade off McCareins and Barton before Day 2 for some additional picks but I doubt it happens.

Obviously noone knows if Revis & Harris will pan out, but I really like how the Jets were agressive for a change. They really wanted these 2 players and they did what it took to get them. The Jets did really well in last years draft and that was year 1 for this current management group. For the 1st time in a long time I'm confident that they know what they're doing. I have a feeling that we'll look back at this draft and smile. :-)

On another note, man NE is going to be sick this year. They acted like the Redskins in the offseason. Only difference is they actually made great pick ups. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue May 01, 2007 10:37 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Jets were very agressive today moving up in both the 1st and 2nd rounds to select Darrelle Revis (CB, Pitt) and David Harris (ILB, Mich).

Obviously noone knows if Revis & Harris will pan out, but I really like how the Jets were agressive for a change. They really wanted these 2 players and they did what it took to get them. The Jets did really well in last years draft and that was year 1 for this current management group. For the 1st time in a long time I'm confident that they know what they're doing. I have a feeling that we'll look back at this draft and smile. :-)

On another note, man NE is going to be sick this year. They acted like the Redskins in the offseason. Only difference is they actually made great pick ups. :,-(

Well let's hope Moss blows up everything that team stands for!

Week 1 is going to be one hell of a game! Can't wait!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:58 am

killiansjmd wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Well let's hope Moss blows up everything that team stands for!

Week 1 is going to be one hell of a game! Can't wait!

Agreed. I can't wait to get to the Meadowlands and tail gate before the New England game. I can't wait for Moss to make that team explode.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Return to New York Jets