Seattles front office is smoking crack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Seattles front office is smoking crack

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
BGbootha wrote:I don't think so, getting rid of a headache when you can afford to get rid of him, is a good thing. Ohhh and lets not pretend that Djax was Matt's favorite target, Matt has huge man love for Bobby Engram and always will

Engram is done and past his prime, he's 34. i thought he was gone for sure...he is nice in the slot and good for those small 5-10 yard catches, where he does have good chemistry with hass......but you cant seriously expect him to be hass's #1 target or even be here producing for another year or 2???? he's a #3 maybe #4 wr on our team.

Speed is gone and durability....he'll be nice to have in the slot and a good option over the middle for our lack of a good TE.

NO I don't expect Engram to be #1, but someone mentioned earlier that Djax was Matt's favorite and I disagree. Anytime there is a big play on the line, a big first down, who does matt rely on, Bobby!! Period. Yeah he is old, and yeah he is past his prime, but will he still be Matt's target on 3rd down and in the red zone. You betcha.

Obviously Branch is going to be number one, although I wouldn't be all that surprised if Hackett produces close to #1 numbers. But don't tell anyone in any of the other forums that ;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 03, 2007 12:48 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
BGbootha wrote:I don't think so, getting rid of a headache when you can afford to get rid of him, is a good thing. Ohhh and lets not pretend that Djax was Matt's favorite target, Matt has huge man love for Bobby Engram and always will

Engram is done and past his prime, he's 34. i thought he was gone for sure...he is nice in the slot and good for those small 5-10 yard catches, where he does have good chemistry with hass......but you cant seriously expect him to be hass's #1 target or even be here producing for another year or 2???? he's a #3 maybe #4 wr on our team.

Speed is gone and durability....he'll be nice to have in the slot and a good option over the middle for our lack of a good TE.

NO I don't expect Engram to be #1, but someone mentioned earlier that Djax was Matt's favorite and I disagree. Anytime there is a big play on the line, a big first down, who does matt rely on, Bobby!! Period. Yeah he is old, and yeah he is past his prime, but will he still be Matt's target on 3rd down and in the red zone. You betcha.

Obviously Branch is going to be number one, although I wouldn't be all that surprised if Hackett produces close to #1 numbers. But don't tell anyone in any of the other forums that ;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 03, 2007 12:49 pm

wow a triple post, if there is a mod, please feel free to delete and fix. !+)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alkaholik » Thu May 03, 2007 1:04 pm

I dont disagree with you when it comes to chemistry with the 2, but i still think that was 3-4 years ago when engram was the man....since then its been djax, you cant put a stat on whose the goto guy, but hell, i'll throw this out there just as a feeler.

In the past 3 seasons:
Engram:
33 games
117 receptions
83 1st downs

DJAX:
35 games
188 receptions
132 1st downs.

take it with a grain of salt, djax could have more play calling his way and whatnot, but i really believe he was the biggest factor for matt.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I dont disagree with you when it comes to chemistry with the 2, but i still think that was 3-4 years ago when engram was the man....since then its been djax, you cant put a stat on whose the goto guy, but hell, i'll throw this out there just as a feeler.

In the past 3 seasons:
Engram:
33 games
117 receptions
83 1st downs

DJAX:
35 games
188 receptions
132 1st downs.

take it with a grain of salt, djax could have more play calling his way and whatnot, but i really believe he was the biggest factor for matt.

Wow I would have never guessed the disparity between the two in those cats would have been that big. Maybe I am wrong, but I still fully believe that DJax was completely expendable.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Thu May 03, 2007 2:15 pm

BGbootha wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I dont disagree with you when it comes to chemistry with the 2, but i still think that was 3-4 years ago when engram was the man....since then its been djax, you cant put a stat on whose the goto guy, but hell, i'll throw this out there just as a feeler.

In the past 3 seasons:
Engram:
33 games
117 receptions
83 1st downs

DJAX:
35 games
188 receptions
132 1st downs.

Wow I would have never guessed the disparity between the two in those cats would have been that big. Maybe I am wrong, but I still fully believe that DJax was completely expendable.

I'm not saying DJax wasn't expendable. I'm saying the whole situation was poorly handled.

To me, DJax > Branch, but let's assume for a second that DJax=Branch in value... they are perfect substitutes.

What happens if we don't sign Branch last year? Hackett probably emerges earlier and Burleson is forced to put up or shut up with his big fat contract with DJax and Engram injured. The Hawks don't win the Superbowl... nothing is different.

That means, going into this draft, Hawks have a first round pick.

You rework DJ's contract so he shuts up (with the money you paid Branch), and you end up with a happy Djax, Hackett and Burleson as your wideouts (with Bobby as a seviceable slot receiver who has definitely lost a step).

Plus you drafted in the first round instead of the fourth.

To me, this is a MUCH better situation for the 'Hawks to be in.

In math terms.

DJax = Branch

1st round pick > 4th round pick

DJax + 1st round pick >>>> Branch + 4th round pick

Hawks front office = stupid

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby dramamine » Sat May 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Alkaholik wrote:The only thing about the DJAX trade that i could understand was that he got into it with the front office(which has been a rumour ongoing) and that he would be gone after this year no matter what, so the Hawk's figured they should take their chances and get a 4th rounder for him now, instead of losing him after the season and get nothing.....i just dont understand why trade him for a divisional opponent.

Even then though, I would honestly prefer using DJax for another year and losing him to free agency than I would trading him to our biggest division rival for a 4th round pick.

This is going to come back and bite the hawks, I hope DJax doesnt burn us this year when we play the 49ers.
2006 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion
2007 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion
dramamine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BGbootha » Sat May 12, 2007 6:19 pm

dramamine wrote:This is going to come back and bite the hawks, I hope DJax doesnt burn us this year when we play the 49ers.

TWICE!!!!!!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Seattle Seahawks