4th Rnd (134)*: Antwan Barnes

4th Rnd (137)*: Le'Ron McClain

5th Rnd (174)*: Troy Smith

6th Rnd (207)*: Prescott Burgess

* - compersatory picks
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:43 pm

im pretty happy with the draft....i think we adressed almost all of our needs outside of DB. i was pretty surprised to see grubbs on the board at our spot in the first...and we were sooooo close to getting staley :~( . still better than blalock, who i thought we would get in the first. the pick that intrigues me the most is smith in the 5th round. i think thats huge value for what this guy has potential of doing for us. overall...i think this is one of the better drafts the ravens have had. we got players that could help us now, and players for the future...and got players for most of our glaring needs this year.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Not a very flashy draft but I liked the way it went. I think getting Smith in the 5th has great value. He can't really fail from that situation, he can only impress... I always liked Burgess playing in college, that man is an assassin, so I'm really glad we picked him up. All in all I'd say it was a great draft
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:25 pm

heres a vid of troy smith for anyone who didnt get to watch him play ;-D :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WRNIAptT7FA
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:30 am

deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks for posting the Figurs vid, I hadn't seen anything on him. Looks like he has a set of wheels on him, not necessarly quick though, but he'll be solid, and should compete for the punt returning job. I like what I see ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 01, 2007 1:17 am

PACKman1144 wrote:Thanks for posting the Figurs vid, I hadn't seen anything on him. Looks like he has a set of wheels on him, not necessarly quick though, but he'll be solid, and should compete for the punt returning job. I like what I see ;-D

yeah i hadnt seen any reels of him either, i just did searches on youtube for each of the picks, and these are the guys i happened to find. hopefully we can keep mason around long enough to show this kid whats up ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baltimore Ravens