Landry/offseason moves - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Landry/offseason moves

Moderator: Football Moderators

Landry/offseason moves

Postby ksinghas » Tue May 01, 2007 10:40 am

So da skins took landry. What are your thoughts on this? I think overall with all the moves picking up fletcher, smoot and now landry we made a valid attempt to fill in some of the holes on the defense. I would still have rather seen them trade down to pick up a dlineman and some picks. BUT if landry could create a tandem with taylor and cause some big plays (sacks fumbles picks that we DESPERATELY NEEDED LAST YEAR) i will be satisfied. Just not too sure about his coverage ability. Im glad to see they picked up smoot. I was mad when we didnt resign him and he will add MUCH NEEDED depthj at the CB position (Springs always gets hurt). I would like to say Fletcher would be enough to sure up our rush defense but da stats I found are not that promising. Last year Buffalo was ranked 28th against the run (1 spot behind washington) and in 2005 they were next to last! Now that doesnt mean it was all fletchers fought but the MLB is definately a major factor in stuffing the run. Hopefully he will be able to step in for us and assist us with our run defense. What does errbody else think?
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue May 01, 2007 6:17 pm

I think Landry gives you guys the best Safety combo in the league or very close. Smoot is better than Springs who simply isn't reliable like you said. This should create more TO's for you next year. And Fletcher is just an average MLB in my opinion however he was pretty good on the Rams so who knows.

I still believe you will suffer on the offensive side of the ball with a young QB but only time will tell. You guys need to do what the Chargers did and stuff your 2 great RB's down some throats. And as long as your QB can hit the open guy occasionally you guys will be alright.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Wed May 02, 2007 8:38 pm

I would have liked to see them address the D line, but, Landry should be a special player. The secondary should be among the best in the league, so teams will have to run. Problem being, they probably will be able to, very easily. Our best bet is a ball control, good 'ole Hogs style offense, with Portis and Betts, like our friend from that other team said.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)

Return to Washington Redskins