How do you use your Taxi Squad??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How do you use your Taxi Squad???

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do you use your Taxi Squad???

Postby AHill84006 » Thu May 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Some people in our league have mentioned possibly using a Taxi Squad this year. We have never used this, and I was looking for some information. How do you guys use it?? What exactly is it for?? (IR, rookies???).

Please excuse my ignorance about this.
We have had this league for about 5 or 6 years now, but never considered this option. I am just looking for opinions, or suggestions on how to use this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AHill84006
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How do you use your Taxi Squad???

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:09 pm

AHill84006 wrote:Some people in our league have mentioned possibly using a Taxi Squad this year. We have never used this, and I was looking for some information. How do you guys use it?? What exactly is it for?? (IR, rookies???).

Please excuse my ignorance about this.
We have had this league for about 5 or 6 years now, but never considered this option. I am just looking for opinions, or suggestions on how to use this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The leagues that I have been in have used it for rookies/develpoment players.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby yuhatn » Thu May 24, 2007 2:38 pm

ive used it in the past to draft players and be able to retain them as "developmental" players.. they cannot be used while on taxi but you can at any time pull them off taxi and put them onto your roster. once off taxi they cannot be put back on, ever, for any team. thats how it was used with us
yuhatn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Darth Vader » Fri May 25, 2007 9:07 am

I havent worked with a taxi squad before either. Howmany players did you guys carry on it? Is it seasonal or can you carry rokies on it 3 or 4 years into their career? (ie Larry Johnson)
Thanks richwyld for the sig
2006 Bourbon Bowl Champion (Cool River 8 Team Keeper)
2006 Cool River 2nd Place (14 Team)
2005 Cool River 8th Place (12 teams)
Darth Vader
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Darth Vader wrote:I havent worked with a taxi squad before either. Howmany players did you guys carry on it? Is it seasonal or can you carry rokies on it 3 or 4 years into their career? (ie Larry Johnson)

I have never seen a time limitation placed on a taxi squad. The only requirement I have ever used is that the player on the taxi squad has never started a game for you. IF you are sold on a rookie you draft this year and whatever happens, injury, doesn't crack your roster etc... you can keep him on the taxi for as long as you want. We have usually kept it as 2 to 3 players. The other issue that will move players around is when you draft new rookies, room will have to be made thus making you think and freeing up some players.

The taxi I have used is only for rookies and ony rookies you have drafted. You can not pick up a "rookie" of the wire and place him on your taxi squad.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Darth Vader » Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 pm

So a taxi Squad is actually like redshirting up to three players? How long can one player be onthe taxi squad? Does the squad consists of only rookies?
Thanks richwyld for the sig
2006 Bourbon Bowl Champion (Cool River 8 Team Keeper)
2006 Cool River 2nd Place (14 Team)
2005 Cool River 8th Place (12 teams)
Darth Vader
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner