****KBB Final Four**** Batman vs. Dutch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

****KBB Final Four**** Batman vs. Dutch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which character would be best suited to kill Jack Bauer?

Poll ended at Fri May 04, 2007 1:29 pm

Batman
15
56%
Dutch
12
44%
 
Total votes : 27

Postby Kilroy » Thu May 03, 2007 11:59 pm

Batman.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby knapplc » Fri May 04, 2007 8:39 am

I'm a little surprised that Dutch is hanging so close to Batsy here. I thought it'd be a bigger margin. :-?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Atog » Fri May 04, 2007 11:27 am

I hope Batman can beat Bond ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:55 am

dutch.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri May 04, 2007 12:03 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm a little surprised that Dutch is hanging so close to Batsy here. I thought it'd be a bigger margin. :-?


I like the Bat, but Dutch took on this guy.......

Image

If he can take on old ugly, I'm pretty sure he could beat.......

Image

GO DUTCH!!!!!!!! ;-D
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 04, 2007 2:15 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm a little surprised that Dutch is hanging so close to Batsy here. I thought it'd be a bigger margin. :-?


I like the Bat, but Dutch took on this guy.......

Image

If he can take on old ugly, I'm pretty sure he could beat.......

Image

GO DUTCH!!!!!!!! ;-D


ah...but so did Batman ;-)

Image

Batman Vs Predator review

Crossovers. There are so many. Crossovers are a publisher’s way of cashing easy checks. However, every few years a crossover is made that is often overlooked. Personally I have always been a fan of both Batman and Predator, both have had movies (actually Predator was first seen on the movie screen), both are comic book characters, and both have been in novels. Batman vs Predator is a case of a crossover providing a very entertaining comic book story.

The book opens with a boxing match in Gotham. Each of the fighters are backed by two of Gotham’s biggest gangsters. When the winner of the fight is killed in his apartment shortly after the bout Batman is called to help investigate the crime. At first many believe the rival boss was angered by his fighter losing but the dead fighter had his spine and skull ripped out, which would be very unusual for a regular mob killer to do. Batman’s main goal early on is to avoid a battle on the streets of Gotham between the two mob bosses.

Batman soon pinpoints the Predator’s hideout. In a deadly duel he comes close to losing his life to the Predator. After defeating Batman the Predator begins to take out the mob bosses in a calculated fashion. Batman tries to recover from his injuries as fast as he can: he cannot even leave his bed, but the body count rises in his absence. Towards the end of the story with two mob bosses, the mayor, and countless others dead a countdown is initiated by the National Guard and SWAT. At the end of the countdown they plan to flush the Predator out of hiding by searching street by street. Batman, at last healed from his injuries, plans one last face-to-face match with the Predator.

The drawing in this book is classic Batman: published in 1992 this book takes most of its design from the Batman comics of the time. The artwork leans more towards Batman than Predator. Early in the book the imagery focuses on light, but as the story progresses the darker imagery akin to both characters comics comes back. Instead of coating the book with dark imagery throughout—both characters are known to use the shadows to their advantage—this book stands out because it goes contrary to the style the reader expects.

The story is simple, but it works. Once again Batman has to come back from near death to make one last stand to protect Gotham. He has to take his bumps and bruises before he can do this, learning about his opponent throughout. The story fits into the old man vs beast style of fiction, and does it justice. As a whole the story works: slowed down when you’re interested in knowing more, sped up when you’re ready for an ending.

In comparison to other crossovers this comic climbs above the rest. Instead of jumping right into the middle of action to keep the reader entertained this book focuses on story too. There are also a few suspenseful moments to keep the reader guessing. Batman has rarely faced a test like the one he faces here. The ending may be predictable, Batman sells more comics than Predator, but the way it’s presented makes Batman vs Predator one of the better-written Batman crossovers of the 1990s.

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Postby treat24 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm a little surprised that Dutch is hanging so close to Batsy here. I thought it'd be a bigger margin. :-?


I like the Bat, but Dutch took on this guy.......

Image

If he can take on old ugly, I'm pretty sure he could beat.......

Image

GO DUTCH!!!!!!!! ;-D


ah...but so did Batman ;-)

Image

Batman Vs Predator review

Crossovers. There are so many. Crossovers are a publisher’s way of cashing easy checks. However, every few years a crossover is made that is often overlooked. Personally I have always been a fan of both Batman and Predator, both have had movies (actually Predator was first seen on the movie screen), both are comic book characters, and both have been in novels. Batman vs Predator is a case of a crossover providing a very entertaining comic book story.

The book opens with a boxing match in Gotham. Each of the fighters are backed by two of Gotham’s biggest gangsters. When the winner of the fight is killed in his apartment shortly after the bout Batman is called to help investigate the crime. At first many believe the rival boss was angered by his fighter losing but the dead fighter had his spine and skull ripped out, which would be very unusual for a regular mob killer to do. Batman’s main goal early on is to avoid a battle on the streets of Gotham between the two mob bosses.

Batman soon pinpoints the Predator’s hideout. In a deadly duel he comes close to losing his life to the Predator. After defeating Batman the Predator begins to take out the mob bosses in a calculated fashion. Batman tries to recover from his injuries as fast as he can: he cannot even leave his bed, but the body count rises in his absence. Towards the end of the story with two mob bosses, the mayor, and countless others dead a countdown is initiated by the National Guard and SWAT. At the end of the countdown they plan to flush the Predator out of hiding by searching street by street. Batman, at last healed from his injuries, plans one last face-to-face match with the Predator.

The drawing in this book is classic Batman: published in 1992 this book takes most of its design from the Batman comics of the time. The artwork leans more towards Batman than Predator. Early in the book the imagery focuses on light, but as the story progresses the darker imagery akin to both characters comics comes back. Instead of coating the book with dark imagery throughout—both characters are known to use the shadows to their advantage—this book stands out because it goes contrary to the style the reader expects.

The story is simple, but it works. Once again Batman has to come back from near death to make one last stand to protect Gotham. He has to take his bumps and bruises before he can do this, learning about his opponent throughout. The story fits into the old man vs beast style of fiction, and does it justice. As a whole the story works: slowed down when you’re interested in knowing more, sped up when you’re ready for an ending.

In comparison to other crossovers this comic climbs above the rest. Instead of jumping right into the middle of action to keep the reader entertained this book focuses on story too. There are also a few suspenseful moments to keep the reader guessing. Batman has rarely faced a test like the one he faces here. The ending may be predictable, Batman sells more comics than Predator, but the way it’s presented makes Batman vs Predator one of the better-written Batman crossovers of the 1990s.



knowing this... batman better not lose...!!!!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 04, 2007 2:30 pm

He shouldn't lose since the battle is over now. :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:08 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact