What will Cedric Benson's numbers be... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

What will Cedric Benson's numbers be...

Moderator: Football Moderators

What will Cedric Benson's numbers be...

Postby mrblitz » Thu May 03, 2007 2:53 pm

I think he'll do better than most think. I got him at 1109 yards, and 10 tds. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu May 03, 2007 8:28 pm

3 minor injuries
5 missed games
17 stupid comments
780 rushing yds
6 TDs
1 fan that will always hate that the Bears drafted him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mrblitz » Thu May 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:3 minor injuries
5 missed games
17 stupid comments
780 rushing yds
6 TDs
1 fan that will always hate that the Bears drafted him.

Really. What are you basing that on exactly? I'm not saying I disagree persay, I'm just trying to find out from Bears fans as much as I can about him, for fantasy purposes.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 05, 2007 2:53 pm

I'm basing it on the limited carries he has received since he's been here. Every other time he touches the ball it seems he is getting hurt. It just seems to me that all the talk about his toughness was just bull, and this pansy is just soft, plain and simple.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 06, 2007 8:57 am

Sixxgunn wrote:I'm basing it on the limited carries he has received since he's been here. Every other time he touches the ball it seems he is getting hurt. It just seems to me that all the talk about his toughness was just bull, and this pansy is just soft, plain and simple.

I don't disagree with you too much on the injury thing. But his carries were largely limited because of Thomas Jones, right?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sixxgunn » Sun May 06, 2007 3:18 pm

mrblitz wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I'm basing it on the limited carries he has received since he's been here. Every other time he touches the ball it seems he is getting hurt. It just seems to me that all the talk about his toughness was just bull, and this pansy is just soft, plain and simple.

I don't disagree with you too much on the injury thing. But his carries were largely limited because of Thomas Jones, right?

Absolutely. I just think with an increased workload comes the risk of increased chance of injury, hence the low number prediction. He has, and will produce, there is no doubt about that. It's just how much can he produce from the sidelines? I think he can be similar to McGahee in that they can put out fantastic games, and then miss a few and/or be slowed by the nagging injuries.
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 06, 2007 5:08 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
mrblitz wrote:

Absolutely. I just think with an increased workload comes the risk of increased chance of injury, hence the low number prediction. He has, and will produce, there is no doubt about that. It's just how much can he produce from the sidelines? I think he can be similar to McGahee in that they can put out fantastic games, and then miss a few and/or be slowed by the nagging injuries.

Ok, thanks for your input. I appreciate it. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Thu May 10, 2007 9:16 am

his injuries have been flukish. i think you'll see about 1100/250/6

if he's mostly healthy the entire year. the kid has talent. he's just yet to realize it at this level yet.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mrblitz » Thu May 10, 2007 6:39 pm

moonhead wrote:his injuries have been flukish. i think you'll see about 1100/250/6

if he's mostly healthy the entire year. the kid has talent. he's just yet to realize it at this level yet.

Off the subject, love the new sig Moon. ;-D :-b

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: What will Cedric Benson's numbers be...

Postby twojarslave » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:29 pm

I would be more than happy with 1000 yds 10 td. If he puts up those numbers, the offense is going to be very well off. Benson stayed relatively healthy last year. Being hurt in the super bowl pretty much sucked. There's definitely a lot of pressure on him to perform up to his draft status this year.
twojarslave
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Chicago Bears