Best Year For Summer Movies Ever? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Best Year For Summer Movies Ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Year For Summer Movies Ever?

Postby knapplc » Thu May 03, 2007 3:45 pm

Here's the slate for this year's summer movies:

May - Shrek 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 & Spider Man 3
June - Ocean's 13 and Evan Almighty (the sequel to Bruce Almighty) starring Steven Carell
July - Transformers and the next Harry Potter
August - Bourne Ultimatum

That's a pretty cool lineup of movies. Lots of "installment #3" of each movie franchise, too.

Is anyone else geeked up for this summer's movies?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm pretty excited... my life is movies and tv
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby logan » Thu May 03, 2007 4:02 pm

some but not all yeah. pirates and spidey (which i'm seeing sunday in imax.i hope pirates shows in imax as well but i haven't heard yet) are the two i'm most looking forward too along with the unmentioned Knocked Up.i think evan almighty might be a rent but i may go see it if only for carrell.

being a purist my take on transformers is not a good one and if i had my choice it wouldn't get cent one of my money but i know my girl wants to see it and thinks i'm ridiculous for feeling the way i do so i'm sure i'll see it.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu May 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Maybe its just me but I am having a really hard time with Topher Grace as Venom and an almost equally hard time with Thomas Haden Church being Sandman. I just cant get past Eric Foreman and Lowell(Wings fans) being Venom and Sandman. I am expecting Red Foreman to come out in the movie at any moment and tell Eric to go sweep the driveway. I was really excited as they were going to have Venom in this one too. I just cant get past the two actors they picked to play the roles. Eh, maybe its just me. :-/

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:12 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Maybe its just me but I am having a really hard time with Topher Grace as Venom and an almost equally hard time with Thomas Haden Church being Sandman. I just cant get past Eric Foreman and Lowell(Wings fans) being Venom and Sandman. I am expecting Red Foreman to come out in the movie at any moment and tell Eric to go sweep the driveway. I was really excited as they were going to have Venom in this one too. I just cant get past the two actors they picked to play the roles. Eh, maybe its just me. :-/

it's definitely not just you... but sometimes actors surprise you in roles... so i'm gonna reserve my judgement til I see it...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:22 pm

Yeah, there are some great movies coming out. I'm really excited for Spiderman. Hopefully I can see it this weekend.

treat24 wrote:I'm pretty excited... my life is movies and tv

I recall you saying today in another thread that your life was the cafe? :-? :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:25 pm

eagles21 wrote:Yeah, there are some great movies coming out. I'm really excited for Spiderman. Hopefully I can see it this weekend.

treat24 wrote:I'm pretty excited... my life is movies and tv

I recall you saying today in another thread that your life was the cafe? :-? :-b

ok yeah, I watch movies and tv with a laptop on my ... lap... the theater guys get pissed at me... :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu May 03, 2007 4:25 pm

treat24 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Maybe its just me but I am having a really hard time with Topher Grace as Venom and an almost equally hard time with Thomas Haden Church being Sandman. I just cant get past Eric Foreman and Lowell(Wings fans) being Venom and Sandman. I am expecting Red Foreman to come out in the movie at any moment and tell Eric to go sweep the driveway. I was really excited as they were going to have Venom in this one too. I just cant get past the two actors they picked to play the roles. Eh, maybe its just me. :-/

it's definitely not just you... but sometimes actors surprise you in roles... so i'm gonna reserve my judgement til I see it...

I wasn't all that excited to see Tobey Maguire as Spiderman, but he's done pretty good in the role so far. I see what you're saying about Church and Grace, but I'll wait until I see what they do before getting too worried. I guess after seeing how Sam Raimi handled Maguire I'm in a mood to trust him for these two as well.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu May 03, 2007 4:30 pm

knapplc wrote:
treat24 wrote:

I wasn't all that excited to see Tobey Maguire as Spiderman, but he's done pretty good in the role so far. I see what you're saying about Church and Grace, but I'll wait until I see what they do before getting too worried. I guess after seeing how Sam Raimi handled Maguire I'm in a mood to trust him for these two as well.

Tobey never really had that defining role as both Church and Grace both have. I would have much rather seen them go with 2 no names then the 2 they pick. Again this is probably just me. Tobey too is the Peter Parker type in my eyes, a straight and narrow type of guy. I just cant bring myself to have any fear for Venom when its Eric Foreman! :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu May 03, 2007 4:33 pm

I don't get out to the movies very often but I'm pretty excited about Spidey, Pirates, Potter and Bourne.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk