Best Year For Summer Movies Ever? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Best Year For Summer Movies Ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby treat24 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:07 pm

onnestabe wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:And isn't the next Resident Evil movie coming out soon? I also know that there's supposed to be another Alien vs. Predator movie being made too. AVP was neutered into a PG-13 crapfest and RE movies have deviated entirely from the games. I've no idea why such crap movies keep getting sequels.

Because there are enough fanboys out there that the flick will at least do OK at the box office and it will do better than most in DVD sales. And then you can time a new video game release to it and everyone involved makes a bunch of money.

I can understand, not a spidey fan, but any X-Men or Potter movie that comes out my wife and I are first in line... literally, we waited first in line all day for one of the potter movies... eh, it's something to do...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Fri May 04, 2007 2:21 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
moonhead wrote:spiderman 3 sucked. don't waste your time or money. i have never wanted to walk out on a film so many times. brutal. i am not a huge spiderman fan to begin with. but this was an awful movie. not just bad for spiderman. just plain bad.

What bugged you so much, Moon? Plot, acting?

it was cheesey. the dialog was bad. the villains sucked. the whole movie is about personal inner struggle. the romance was dumb. the fight scene was crappy. it was totally forced and unnecessary.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby treat24 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:23 pm

moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
moonhead wrote:spiderman 3 sucked. don't waste your time or money. i have never wanted to walk out on a film so many times. brutal. i am not a huge spiderman fan to begin with. but this was an awful movie. not just bad for spiderman. just plain bad.

it was cheesey. the dialog was bad. the villains sucked. the whole movie is about personal inner struggle. the romance was dumb. the fight scene was crappy. it was totally forced and unnecessary.

my buddy said the romance they tried to push on you made him and his wife want to vomit
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Fri May 04, 2007 3:09 pm

treat24 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

my buddy said the romance they tried to push on you made him and his wife want to vomit

i couldn't get drunk enough to make that movie good. and i drank the better part of a bottle of jim beam.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mutantseabass » Fri May 04, 2007 3:55 pm

moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Did Red come out and yell at Eric, oh I mean Venom. :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri May 04, 2007 4:07 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Did Red come out and yell at Eric, oh I mean Venom. :-b

that would have made it better.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Sat May 05, 2007 1:31 pm

moonhead wrote:
treat24 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

i couldn't get drunk enough to make that movie good. and i drank the better part of a bottle of jim beam.
I couldn't get high enough to make that movie good! It was terrble! Venom made Parker into a guy I would kick the crap out of if I saw him walking down teh street like that. This movie was not worth my $5! Plus, I thought the fight scenes were cool, but could've been better....How could Stan Lee let them make this movie!? :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Sun May 06, 2007 5:40 pm

I'm pretty sure my Bro is geeking out this summer.

He loved the TMNT cartoon as a kid. Two of his favorite comics growing up was Ghost Rider and Spidey. He LOVES the transformers. All childhood stuff for him....He's also a fan of Harry Potter, so I'm pretty sure he's wet his pants by now. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon May 07, 2007 7:47 pm

dream_017 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Much ado about nothing.

Sequels are more often than not all sizzle, no steak.

Where's the beef?

They should make a movie about that old lady, it'd probably be beter than half of the sequels people have talked about in this thread...
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Previous

Return to General Talk