Teacher Makes 7-year-old Hit Himself - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Teacher Makes 7-year-old Hit Himself

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat May 05, 2007 10:31 am

Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Image

This sounds ridiculous to me. Sounds like the teacher may have had some poor judgement in trying to make a point, but the kid most likely told his parents (as he should) and the parents overreacted without talking to the teacher. It's a short article with very little information, like if there were bruises or if the kid even thought it hurt. Or how many times he was asked to plunk himself in the noggin with the mallets.

All in all, poor judgement by the teacher, but quite possibly an overreaction by everyone else.

Exactly. Oh and don't let pictures fool you. Those mallets can be incredibly hard. I have been hit in the head with one before. !+)

That explains a lot.... :-b

And as a drummer, I can testify that those mallets look fluffy and soft, but they are NOT. :-D

Well that's how I got hit. I was helping the drummer with something in our band (I was the sound/equipment and graphics man) and the guitarist thought it would be cool to bop me in the head with this nice soft mallet thing and it wasn't. !+) :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stejay » Sun May 06, 2007 1:01 pm

It's not that bad man. Blown outta proportion.
Stejay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Sun May 06, 2007 3:27 pm

I think all children should hit themselves in the head. Self punishment is the way of the future!

In cooking class: Billy, hit yourself with that hot muffin pan.
In shop: Billy, stick your hand in that jigsaw.
In Auto: Billy, pour gasoline on yourself.

All these would be effective ways in making sure kids didn't repeat the same mistakes, and we would be sure they actually learn something! One burned, mangled or mutilated child can save an entire graduating class.

For those of you who will inevitably not catch the sarcasm in this, here ya' go. ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun May 06, 2007 3:56 pm

Sixxgunn wrote: In Auto: Billy, pour gasoline on yourself. ;-7

Or pull out their hair :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I think all children should hit themselves in the head. Self punishment is the way of the future!

In cooking class: Billy, hit yourself with that hot muffin pan.
In shop: Billy, stick your hand in that jigsaw.
In Auto: Billy, pour gasoline on yourself.

All these would be effective ways in making sure kids didn't repeat the same mistakes, and we would be sure they actually learn something! One burned, mangled or mutilated child can save an entire graduating class.

For those of you who will inevitably not catch the sarcasm in this, here ya' go. ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7

Why is this sarcastic? I would think these would definitely teach the intended the lesson. :-b
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk