Spider-Man!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Spider-Man!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:26 am

Um, it was ok. Really really cheesy stuff. That black suit was B.A. But nothing special at all
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat May 05, 2007 10:40 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Popcynical wrote:I had mixed feelings about the film. Overall I liked it and was entertained for the most part... once I got past the not-so-great acting. And Emo Pete.

Yeah, the parts where he was supposed to be cool was excruciating to watch. :-P

I actually liked the Emo part. He is such a geek! I was cracking up watching Pete trying to act cool and thought they did a pretty good job of him trying to be cool, but still being a tard.

I'm a Spidey nut, so I liked the movie as a whole, although it seemed a little shallow compared to the other story lines and how they developed. The first scene was OK, but it reminded me of Star Wars. Harry's part and his developement throughtout was probably the most well done.

Overall...
Excellent special effects. Too many charactors/story lines. But nevertheless, a must see.

But then again, I'm a Spidey geek so what do I know? :-B
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Tiki » Sat May 05, 2007 1:32 pm

Saw it at midnight of opening night...Wish I got sleep instead....
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sat May 05, 2007 5:20 pm

I liked parts of it and hated others. Emo Parker was funny at first, but the segment was too long. Some of the dialogue during the love angst moments also kind of seemed forced, causing me to laugh out loud like I did during Star Wars Ep. III. Some spotty CGI work in the middle too, like they focused most of it at the end and kind of ran out of time for the rest. And Eric Foreman as Brock did not work at all.

But black Spidey was awesome. The fight scenes with Sandman were cool too. There's other stuff I'd like to discuss but I don't want to spoil for anyone else. Overall, I'd say that Spidey 3 was the weakest of the three movies, but not as bad as some other comic movies have been.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dgan » Sat May 05, 2007 11:03 pm

I've heard this takes Spidey all the way to the chick flick level, although I thought it was pretty close before...is that fair?

I guess I'll go in with low expectations and just try to enjoy it.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Minor spoilers

Postby DraftDodger » Sat May 05, 2007 11:27 pm

There are quite a few good laughs, and I laugh so little at the cinema these days that I'd gladly have seen it just for the comedy.

I felt that overall, though, it was too much like Batman Forever, which crammed two villains, Robin, a new Batman, and a new love interest all in the same film.

The new Spiderman throws 3 villains at us, a changed Spiderman, more relationship complications, and a whole lot more. It's just too much to all work. The "more is better" philosophy fails sooner rather than later with these things. What next? Does Spidey have to take on the Wrecking Crew, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and Hydra in Spiderman 4?

The Venom storyline was goofy. Honestly, I would've walked out've the theatre in the first few minutes if this had been some no-name movie. Tremors is serious film-making by comparison.

It could've been a great film had it focused on Sandman and the Peter/Mary Jane/Harry love triangle.

It's gonna make a bundle and it's good for some laughs but let's hope that the best Spiderman movies are still to come.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby portisfan24 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 am

Just saw it. Emo Pete is definately the most excruciating 15 minutes in the history of film. The rest wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Mon May 07, 2007 8:45 am

the thing is, I thought how goofball pete was underscored just what a good guy he really is, since the alien basically magnifies what you are. IT affected Pete, in a profound way, but look at what it did to brock. Peter just became assertive and boorish, brock became evil. And like someone said, since pete is a total nerd, that is to be expected.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby danleroi22 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:11 am

Best part about this movie:

And she wasn't even that great. She looked good in a few scenes though.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby treat24 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 am

140+ million... that beat out Aquaman!!!! :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk