Ultimate Fighter 5 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ultimate Fighter 5

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ultimate Fighter 5

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Anyone watch it? I love this show and was pretty mad about no fight last night.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Sat May 05, 2007 7:38 am

I love this show. Love MMA.

But, I watch for the fights, not the cheesy reality TV aspect of it.

So, yes, there should never be a show where they don't show a fight. They could have resolved that whole Gabe is fat crap in 30 minutes, and then a fight.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 06, 2007 9:03 am

I'm a huge fan of the UFC in general. I actually taped the Thursday night show, and haven't watched it, yet. Now I know to expect no fight. :-P

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Stejay » Sun May 06, 2007 12:58 pm

It just rules man ;-D
Shame about the no show though :,-(
Stejay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Dude » Sun May 06, 2007 5:39 pm

mrblitz wrote:I'm a huge fan of the UFC in general. I actually taped the Thursday night show, and haven't watched it, yet. Now I know to expect no fight. :-P

Good news is... 2 fights next week. ;-D

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 06, 2007 7:38 pm

The_Dude wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I'm a huge fan of the UFC in general. I actually taped the Thursday night show, and haven't watched it, yet. Now I know to expect no fight. :-P

Oh, ok, that's something to look forward to. Who do you guys like on the 26th , Liddell or Jackson. I want Liddell to win, but I believe Jackson will win , again. :-t

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Dude » Mon May 07, 2007 11:07 am

mrblitz wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Oh, ok, that's something to look forward to. Who do you guys like on the 26th , Liddell or Jackson. I want Liddell to win, but I believe Jackson will win , again. :-t

Its hard to know... Rampage hasn't looked the same since he suffered those two BRUTAL KOs at the hands of Wanderlei Silva in Pride. That said, I think Rampage will take Chuck down at will like in their first fight. 50/50 that Chuck knocks him out before he takes it to the mat. If I was a betting man, though, I'd bet on Rampage.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby BGbootha » Mon May 07, 2007 11:22 am

The_Dude wrote:
mrblitz wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Its hard to know... Rampage hasn't looked the same since he suffered those two BRUTAL KOs at the hands of Wanderlei Silva in Pride. That said, I think Rampage will take Chuck down at will like in their first fight. 50/50 that Chuck knocks him out before he takes it to the mat. If I was a betting man, though, I'd bet on Rampage.

yeah I think you knocked it out. Either win wouldn't surprise me, but if I was a betting man (and I am) I would put my money on Rampage as well. Either way it will be a great fight to watch.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby The_Dude » Mon May 07, 2007 11:50 am

BGbootha wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
mrblitz wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

yeah I think you knocked it out. Either win wouldn't surprise me, but if I was a betting man (and I am) I would put my money on Rampage as well. Either way it will be a great fight to watch.

Yeah, otherwise its a rather ho-hum card... although Burkman vs. Parysian has the ability to steal the show - both very exciting fighters.

The UFC 73 card in July is going to be absolutely insane though...

Marquart vs. Silva
Ortiz vs. Evans
Franca vs. Sherk
Herring vs. Nogueira

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mrblitz » Mon May 07, 2007 3:25 pm

The_Dude wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
mrblitz wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Yeah, otherwise its a rather ho-hum card... although Burkman vs. Parysian has the ability to steal the show - both very exciting fighters.

The UFC 73 card in July is going to be absolutely insane though...

Marquart vs. Silva
Ortiz vs. Evans
Franca vs. Sherk
Herring vs. Nogueira

I agree with that fight, I actually think Burkman will win, but should go the distance, and be action packed. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk