****KBB FINAL BATTLE**** James Bond vs. Batman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

****KBB FINAL BATTLE**** James Bond vs. Batman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which character would be best suited to kill Jack Bauer?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2007 8:19 am

James Bond
47%
Batman
53%

Total votes : 38

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:43 pm

if i had to fight one of the two, id want to fight bond without a doubt.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon May 07, 2007 7:43 pm

moonhead wrote:
Azrael wrote:Bond should have been dead many times if only his evil opposites would not have left him alone with inept guards and stayed to make sure he died by whatever diabolical contraption that was designed for that flick.

good point. bond is a weak character.

I disagree. Most of the time, Bond makes it seem like the enemy is weak through his ability to escape such situations.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Azrael wrote:Bond should have been dead many times if only his evil opposites would not have left him alone with inept guards and stayed to make sure he died by whatever diabolical contraption that was designed for that flick.

good point. bond is a weak character.

I disagree. Most of the time, Bond makes it seem like the enemy is weak through his ability to escape such situations.

yeh. with a brand new gadget that was designed specifically for this situation. :-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Mon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm

Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

You're picking and choosing your criteria, that's pretty obvious.

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon May 07, 2007 9:49 pm

knapplc wrote:Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o

This pretty much sums up why I did it.

theDeluxePackage wrote:if i had to fight one of the two, id want to fight bond without a doubt.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon May 07, 2007 9:50 pm

knapplc wrote:Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

weird excuses like the fact that bond is known for being captured by his enemies only to have some ridiculous rube goldberg type death machine set up for him? something so well known it has been parodied numerous times and explicitly explained in austin powers? weird excuse? bond sucks. i'm sorry. ;-)
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 pm

B
O
N
D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby whodey#9 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:if i had to fight one of the two, id want to fight bond without a doubt.

Thats my thinking :-o
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 pm

moonhead wrote:

weird excuses like the fact that bond is known for being captured by his enemies only to have some ridiculous rube goldberg type death machine set up for him? something so well known it has been parodied numerous times and explicitly explained in austin powers? weird excuse? bond sucks. i'm sorry. ;-)

It would be different and understandable if Batman didn't do the same thing, but we all know he does.

Listen, I'm not saying Batman is a horrible winner here. All I'm saying is that your criteria are arbitrary. I don't think that's disputable, but if you've never seen Batman tied back-to-back to Robin with a gang of the Penguin's henchmen standing around them waiting to "do them in," only to see Batman pull some gadget out of his belt, free himself and POW! and ZOW! and KABLAM! himself to freedom, then I guess I know more about Batman than you guys.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon May 07, 2007 10:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:

It would be different and understandable if Batman didn't do the same thing, but we all know he does.

Listen, I'm not saying Batman is a horrible winner here. All I'm saying is that your criteria are arbitrary. I don't think that's disputable, but if you've never seen Batman tied back-to-back to Robin with a gang of the Penguin's henchmen standing around them waiting to "do them in," only to see Batman pull some gadget out of his belt, free himself and POW! and ZOW! and KABLAM! himself to freedom, then I guess I know more about Batman than you guys.

eh. that's comic book/tv series batman. not action hero blockbuster batman. everyone knows that comic books and crappy tv shows with adam west are really campy.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk