****KBB FINAL BATTLE**** James Bond vs. Batman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

****KBB FINAL BATTLE**** James Bond vs. Batman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which character would be best suited to kill Jack Bauer?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2007 8:19 am

James Bond
18
47%
Batman
20
53%
 
Total votes : 38

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:43 pm

if i had to fight one of the two, id want to fight bond without a doubt.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon May 07, 2007 7:43 pm

moonhead wrote:
Azrael wrote:Bond should have been dead many times if only his evil opposites would not have left him alone with inept guards and stayed to make sure he died by whatever diabolical contraption that was designed for that flick.

good point. bond is a weak character.


I disagree. Most of the time, Bond makes it seem like the enemy is weak through his ability to escape such situations.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby moonhead » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Azrael wrote:Bond should have been dead many times if only his evil opposites would not have left him alone with inept guards and stayed to make sure he died by whatever diabolical contraption that was designed for that flick.

good point. bond is a weak character.


I disagree. Most of the time, Bond makes it seem like the enemy is weak through his ability to escape such situations.


yeh. with a brand new gadget that was designed specifically for this situation. :-b
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Mon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm

Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

You're picking and choosing your criteria, that's pretty obvious.

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon May 07, 2007 9:49 pm

knapplc wrote:Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

You're picking and choosing your criteria, that's pretty obvious.

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o


This pretty much sums up why I did it.

theDeluxePackage wrote:if i had to fight one of the two, id want to fight bond without a doubt.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby moonhead » Mon May 07, 2007 9:50 pm

knapplc wrote:Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

You're picking and choosing your criteria, that's pretty obvious.

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o


weird excuses like the fact that bond is known for being captured by his enemies only to have some ridiculous rube goldberg type death machine set up for him? something so well known it has been parodied numerous times and explicitly explained in austin powers? weird excuse? bond sucks. i'm sorry. ;-)
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 pm

B
O
N
D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6207
(Past Year: 71)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Postby whodey#9 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:if i had to fight one of the two, id want to fight bond without a doubt.


Thats my thinking :-o
Image
Image
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3404
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gone

Postby knapplc » Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 pm

moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

You're picking and choosing your criteria, that's pretty obvious.

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o


weird excuses like the fact that bond is known for being captured by his enemies only to have some ridiculous rube goldberg type death machine set up for him? something so well known it has been parodied numerous times and explicitly explained in austin powers? weird excuse? bond sucks. i'm sorry. ;-)

It would be different and understandable if Batman didn't do the same thing, but we all know he does.

Listen, I'm not saying Batman is a horrible winner here. All I'm saying is that your criteria are arbitrary. I don't think that's disputable, but if you've never seen Batman tied back-to-back to Robin with a gang of the Penguin's henchmen standing around them waiting to "do them in," only to see Batman pull some gadget out of his belt, free himself and POW! and ZOW! and KABLAM! himself to freedom, then I guess I know more about Batman than you guys.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby moonhead » Mon May 07, 2007 10:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:Do you people even watch batman? How many freaking times has he been trapped, only to have the bad guy leave him to his doom and then escape because of some contraption? This happened like EVERY COMIC BOOK, EVERY TV EPISODE!

You're picking and choosing your criteria, that's pretty obvious.

If you like Bats then just say you're voting for Bats, but don't make up these weird excuses. 8-o


weird excuses like the fact that bond is known for being captured by his enemies only to have some ridiculous rube goldberg type death machine set up for him? something so well known it has been parodied numerous times and explicitly explained in austin powers? weird excuse? bond sucks. i'm sorry. ;-)

It would be different and understandable if Batman didn't do the same thing, but we all know he does.

Listen, I'm not saying Batman is a horrible winner here. All I'm saying is that your criteria are arbitrary. I don't think that's disputable, but if you've never seen Batman tied back-to-back to Robin with a gang of the Penguin's henchmen standing around them waiting to "do them in," only to see Batman pull some gadget out of his belt, free himself and POW! and ZOW! and KABLAM! himself to freedom, then I guess I know more about Batman than you guys.


eh. that's comic book/tv series batman. not action hero blockbuster batman. everyone knows that comic books and crappy tv shows with adam west are really campy.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:34 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact