Defend Your Country....Lose Your Children - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Defend Your Country....Lose Your Children

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Tue May 08, 2007 11:35 am

Without quoting again....

I think you are right Karoz, I mean the same thing could have happened had this young woman been called away for National Guard Duty to Kansas for an extended period of time.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Stories of this nature make me sick. I feel for the children of parents who don't choose wisely, but I also feel sad for the servicemen and women who risk there lives and have to deal with crap like this back home. The woman's ex-husband should be kicked in the face.

I have equal respect for a spouse of a soldier and that soldier. It takes a lot to be married and devoted to someone deployed overseas and in constant danger. Not everyone is up for the task. The divorce rates of military couples is extremely high. The probability of staying married while one is deployed is incredibly low. It's sad, but it's true. When it hits the fan, people run instead of face it. I salute the most honorable people of our country, those fighting and those holding down that soldier's home here.

I hope this unfortunate story can be a lesson to other people planning on joining the military or planning on marrying someone joining the military. Wait and don't have kids. You'll hurt many more than just yourself.

Well said and my thoughts exactly ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby SeaWolf » Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Stories of this nature make me sick. I feel for the children of parents who don't choose wisely, but I also feel sad for the servicemen and women who risk there lives and have to deal with crap like this back home. The woman's ex-husband should be kicked in the face.

I have equal respect for a spouse of a soldier and that soldier. It takes a lot to be married and devoted to someone deployed overseas and in constant danger. Not everyone is up for the task. The divorce rates of military couples is extremely high. The probability of staying married while one is deployed is incredibly low. It's sad, but it's true. When it hits the fan, people run instead of face it. I salute the most honorable people of our country, those fighting and those holding down that soldier's home here.

I hope this unfortunate story can be a lesson to other people planning on joining the military or planning on marrying someone joining the military. Wait and don't have kids. You'll hurt many more than just yourself.

As usual ORS hit the nail on the head. The military is not family friendly. What kid doesn't suffer when their mom or dad is sent away for months or even years. To award custody of a child to a single parent in the military is wrong. The only way this would make since is if the other parent was abusive.

When I was in the service I served in the Middle East during the first Iraq war. I remember waiting in line to use the only phone to call home for Christmas. I can clearly remember grown men who I respected crying while talking to their families. I vowed at that time to not have children while in the service. To me it wasn't worth it.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk