Making Roadkill "Pretty" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Making Roadkill "Pretty"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Making Roadkill "Pretty"

Postby knapplc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:19 am

This woman is nuts:

EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. - For the past several weeks, drivers near Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville have been noticing odd things about some of the roadkill on the sides of the area's highways.

Some of the dead possums and raccoons have been dressed in pet or human baby clothes and have had their claws painted with nail polish. The carcass of a deer has been adorned with gold paint.

The culprit is SIU-Edwardsville graduate art student Jessica May, 24, of West Lafayette, Ind.

In an interview with the Belleville News-Democrat, May said she is not an animal rights activist; she is just interested in seeing if people would give more thought to the animals if they were somehow given human attributes.

"I think this is my way of slowing down and paying homage to these animals," she explained. "I don't particularly find it offensive, but I understand why some people who don't understand what I'm doing could find it that way."

May, a 2006 graduate of Purdue University, said she takes precautions in dealing with the carcasses.

"I wear gloves," she said. "I don't know that I could touch it with my bare hands, because by the time I find them, they're pretty far gone."

Hey, psycho, why don't you... oh, I don't know... BURY the animals?!?!?!?!!!

And women wonder why we think they're crazy. 8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 08, 2007 9:14 am

That's hilarious. You are right though. This lady is a few feet from the edge I think. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:15 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:That's hilarious. You are right though. This lady is a few feet from the edge I think. :-b

I think she fell over. :*)
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moonhead » Tue May 08, 2007 9:49 am

i think she's a genius. or on drugs. or both.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby treat24 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:46 pm

weirdo... is she single??? if so... would she be interested in some sexy time with me and my wife... she sounds like fun... (the crazy ones always are)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby knapplc » Tue May 08, 2007 1:47 pm

treat24 wrote:weirdo... is she single??? if so... would she be interested in some sexy time with me and my wife... she sounds like fun... (the crazy ones always are)

8-o

Your wife must be cool. B-)

:-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:49 pm

knapplc wrote:
treat24 wrote:weirdo... is she single??? if so... would she be interested in some sexy time with me and my wife... she sounds like fun... (the crazy ones always are)

8-o

Your wife must be cool. B-)

:-b

she's very cool... she even let's me have sexy time with other women WITHOUT her... yay :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:50 pm

She's gonna cause an accident sooner or later. Bad enough that people slow down and gawk when there's a car accident, sometimes causing an additional accident, but if she's going to run around and dress up the numerous roadkill, some idiot is going to think a little kid has been hurt, slam on the brakes, and then cause a 5 car pile-up.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:55 pm

beanoX3 wrote:She's gonna cause an accident sooner or later. Bad enough that people slow down and gawk when there's a car accident, sometimes causing an additional accident, but if she's going to run around and dress up the numerous roadkill, some idiot is going to think a little kid has been hurt, slam on the brakes, and then cause a 5 car pile-up.

that made me laugh... i'm imagining her dressing up a bunch of roadkill and having a tea party now...

but you are right... this woman is a hazard
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mrblitz » Tue May 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Yeh, just bury the animals , and have a candlelit vigil for them. Very strange story. :-B

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk