Germany or Florida - ANSWERED - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Germany or Florida - ANSWERED

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where was the old woman forced to ride the snake?

Poll ended at Wed May 09, 2007 8:27 am

Germany
9
47%
Florida
10
53%
 
Total votes : 19

Germany or Florida - ANSWERED

Postby knapplc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:27 am

SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD. - A 41-year-old woman forced an 83-year-old housemate to smoke drugs so she could steal personal information to get a credit card in her name and run up more than 3,000 monetary units in charges, authorities said.

Investigators have accused the suspect of getting the older woman to smoke the drug at least twice to make it easier to exploit her financially.

The suspect was arrested April 28. She admitted to investigators that she used the victim’s name to open the account, a police report said.

The victim and a witness told investigators that the suspect forced the victim to smoke a lit pipe, the report said.

The suspect was in jail Monday, charged with criminal use of personal identification, use of another person's ID without permission and retail theft, according to jail records, which did not say if she had a lawyer.



No hints this time, just the story.

All winners get an implied "Attaboy." ;-D
Last edited by knapplc on Wed May 09, 2007 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby danleroi22 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:39 am

A certain phrase in this story screams Germany...

Then again... I need this win to tie my highest win streak: 2. So I'm not very good at this game.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby knapplc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:42 am

danleroi22 wrote:A certain phrase in this story screams Germany...

Then again... I need this win to tie my highest win streak: 2. So I'm not very good at this game.


Can you PM me on which one? :-?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby danleroi22 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:43 am

knapplc wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:A certain phrase in this story screams Germany...

Then again... I need this win to tie my highest win streak: 2. So I'm not very good at this game.


Can you PM me on which one? :-?


Now why would I do that? :-b

Besides... I'm probably wrong anyways. The phrase likely has nothing to do with Germany whatsoever.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby knapplc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:46 am

danleroi22 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:A certain phrase in this story screams Germany...

Then again... I need this win to tie my highest win streak: 2. So I'm not very good at this game.


Can you PM me on which one? :-?


Now why would I do that? :-b


Purely so I can make the game better. I do my best to make these stories as generic as possible without changing the nature of the information. If I accidentally leave a location-specific phrase in there that I don't know I need to know so I don't do it again.




NOTE - this should NOT imply that dan's vote is correct. It should also not imply that it is incorrect. Don't read anything into this conversation, those of you who haven't yet voted. ;-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby danleroi22 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:48 am

knapplc wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:A certain phrase in this story screams Germany...

Then again... I need this win to tie my highest win streak: 2. So I'm not very good at this game.


Can you PM me on which one? :-?


Now why would I do that? :-b


Purely so I can make the game better. I do my best to make these stories as generic as possible without changing the nature of the information. If I accidentally leave a location-specific phrase in there that I don't know I need to know so I don't do it again.




NOTE - this should NOT imply that dan's vote is correct. It should also not imply that it is incorrect. Don't read anything into this conversation, those of you who haven't yet voted. ;-)


Mmmhmm... but I'm likely wrong about the phrase even concerning Germany. It's just a hunch because I live in FL and know this place.

Still want the PM?
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby knapplc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:53 am

danleroi22 wrote: Still want the PM?

Sure. Couldn't hurt. :-b


We need to ban you Floridians from voting in this thing. You all read too many newspapers. :-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby danleroi22 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:07 am

knapplc wrote:
danleroi22 wrote: Still want the PM?

Sure. Couldn't hurt. :-b


We need to ban you Floridians from voting in this thing. You all read too many newspapers. :-D


No!!! I call discrimination! :-b
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 08, 2007 9:10 am

I went with Florida on this one. I don't know why, but the story sounds Florida, even though there is a phrase that makes me think Germany. :-?

But I don't know......

This is the first one in a while you got me at a pretty much 50-50 in one of these, Knapp. 8-o ;-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Jimboozie » Tue May 08, 2007 9:43 am

I stopped reading the article after I saw the "83 year old."

Gotta be Florida. :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:18 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact