MJD or Fred - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars

MJD or Fred

Moderator: Football Moderators

MJD or Fred

Postby mrblitz » Thu May 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Who gets the bulk of touches this year? And what do their numbers look like?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:25 pm

I think we see a surprise and see Freddy Taylor get the bulk, MJD gets injured, and Greg Jones getting the back-up gig, with roughly 25% of the carries a game.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun May 13, 2007 7:19 am

I don't see why it should change from the lineup they had at the end of last year. They had a good system with Fred getting a lot of touches at the begining of the game and got a lot of tough yards and MJD would be a change of pace and a receiver out of the backfield.

I think that the Jags could have 2 legit 100 yd/gm 10TD guys here.

My prediction is that both finish the year with over 1000 yds and over 10 TDs.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MJD or Fred

Postby JagJunkie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Even split ...
JagJunkie
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: MJD or Fred

Postby liveevil » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:51 pm

This could be difficult to predict. We all know Freddy T is healthy. We all know he played Healthy 90% of the season last year. I just dont know if he can do it again..I think if he can stay healthy again this year, he finally gets rid of that awful, "Fragile Freddy", name. But, even with Fred healthy this year, I dont see him getting the bulk of the carries..I think Del Rio is taking into concideration 2 factors why MJD will get the bulk of the carries this year.
1) Even though Freddy T. has signed a new contract with the Jags for another couple of years, his main duties right now are to mentor the young and talented MJD.
2) MJD, as we saw last year is a diffrence maker. He is not your ordinary back. He makes things happen. He can easily put a team on his shoulders and carry them to a win. It was done in numerous games last year. Del Rio is going to use the RB the most, who makes the most impact..
Overall, I think MJD will get 60% of the carries this year. And expect that number to rise every year after until Freddy is retired.
liveevil
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars