Madden 07 for 360 (venting) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 07 for 360 (venting)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 07 for 360 (venting)

Postby terpfan » Thu May 10, 2007 10:55 pm

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I need to vent before I throw my controller through the TV.

This is perhaps the most worthless, utterly un-enjoyable, POS football game I have ever bought. EA took a giant crap on the entire XBOX360 community with this debacle. No player edits, crappy roster, no fantasy draft. And the icing on the cake... I am trying like hell to create Laron Landry to add to the Redskins and this create-a-player system is just god awful. You dont get to input the stats, instead u do three things. Run the 40, do the bench press, do a CB drill. These three drills determine every stat. WTF? This is fine for your personal superstar mode player, but if you have a player in mind shouldnt you be able to INPUT THE STATS!!! UURRRRGGH. And if u false start in the 40 too bad, your speed is zero and you have to start all over (input all the name, birth info, appearance again) THEY HAD A WHOLE YEAR TO PORT THIS TO 360. Why does it feel like they did it in a week?

Not to mention because of the lack of player edits I cant change positions or numbers making roster updates pretty much impossible.

Suck it EA. I hate it so much that I will give you money next year for 08. If I can ever possibly avoid giving you money in the future you better be damn sure I will. :-# :-# :-#
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:44 pm

yeah i was actually putting mine for sale on ebay tomorrow. i mean i "beat" the game...getting all the achievements and everything, but its a pretty crappy port of it. im done with madden until they pull their heads out.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:40 am

I'll buy '08 whenever I get the money, but you're right they have blown it lately.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Jimboozie » Sat May 12, 2007 12:42 pm

You're forgetting about the horrible gameplay. Additionally, no John Madden and Al Michaels commentating? What is up with that?

:-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat May 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Jimboozie wrote:You're forgetting about the horrible gameplay. Additionally, no John Madden and Al Michaels commentating? What is up with that?

:-t

Yeah... its reeally really bad. i didnt even finish my FIRST year of my franchise. And Ive been a Madden player since 2000. Thats how bad it is.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat May 12, 2007 3:16 pm

I got my 360 in November, so I never bought Madden 07. From the reviews I have heard about it, I'm glad I didn't.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 12, 2007 3:54 pm

I know the game is not what we expect from Madden, but cut them some slack. They had to redo the entire game for 360. It takes time to add those features. There's a good interview here about that. They said they're finally catching up to what it was for PS2 and XBOX in terms of features and gameplay so I think next year will be a big improvement.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Agree 100% with everything said here. One of the worst sim football games I've played in a decade.

I sold mine after about a month, and probably won't buy 2008 unless it's massively, massively better. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who envisioned himself buying every madden game for 50 years. If you go back a few years you can probably find me arguing passionately about how great a franchise Madden was when the 2k sports games were getting hot.

If they lose a fan as passionate as I was about this franchise then you know the games have gotten bad.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 12, 2007 4:23 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I know the game is not what we expect from Madden, but cut them some slack. They had to redo the entire game for 360. It takes time to add those features. There's a good interview here about that. They said they're finally catching up to what it was for PS2 and XBOX in terms of features and gameplay so I think next year will be a big improvement.

They said this same nonsense last year, not to mention every other company out there has had no problems porting things over to next-gen in less time. I wouldn't be surprised if they were still spewing this nonsense about the 360 when the next generation rolls around...

And beyond that, there is absolutely NO excuse for some of the stuff Terp mentioned being left out (among other things). It's just plain stupid that there were that many oversights. It's something that not even a group of 25 year old basement programmers that got together for a month and decided to put out a game would look over. How it got by whatever awful quality assurance they have is beyond me. None of those things should have gotten by, for ALL of them to get by is one of the most laughable things I've seen in the video-game industry.

Oh yeah, and while we're at it let's not forget to mention that you now have to pay for alternate uniforms, extra stadiums, and all those other things that have been free for a decade.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Sat May 12, 2007 5:06 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I know the game is not what we expect from Madden, but cut them some slack. They had to redo the entire game for 360. It takes time to add those features. There's a good interview here about that. They said they're finally catching up to what it was for PS2 and XBOX in terms of features and gameplay so I think next year will be a big improvement.

Madden 06 was the one that was supposed to suck on 360. I can understand that. But 07 came out a YEAR later. Seriously, how hard could it possibly be to add player editing and a fantasy draft. Theyve had that for YEARS. Im not buying any of that crap, there's no excuse for them not to complete that transfer when they had over a year to do it.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Video Games